September Challenge, "Triumphant"

Michael Ventura

I hope this is a good challenge. Remember can be large and small triumphs, from sports to little milestones such as toddler's first steps. Be creative in thinking and good luck! This informal and non prize winning contest ends on the last day of September at midnight eastern USA time. Looking forward to seeing your triumphant photos!

Remember that you can enter up to three photos (of your own of course).

Michael Ventura

DAXC3M.jpg

19 July 2013 Jaydon, age 10, from Santa Ynez Valley, California wins first place in the category of Junior Equitation on his Peruvian Paso breed horse named Zeus at the 2013 Santa Barbara Peruvian Horse Celebration held at the Earl Warren Showgrounds in Santa Barbara, California.

Don't know why I am doing this, after being a runner up last time and being concerned about the possibility of having to organise the next challenge!  - but

DADBJ4.jpg

Oxford student celebrating completion of her final exams.

Don't know why I am doing this, after being a runner up last time and being concerned about the possibility of having to organise the next challenge!  - but

DADBJ4.jpg

Oxford student celebrating completion of her final exams.

Glad to get that monkey off my back.

Andy

I was thinking about the photos I have and thought how little I have that would work for my own challenge but just for fun (they can't be considered) I pulled three from my collection and here they are.

A toddler's first steps.

CX4GWR.jpg

A classic sack race (but no clear winner).

A536EW.jpg

The fastest woman swimmer, at the moment, in the world.

DBPCH9.jpg

D151CX.jpg

Lap of honour.

Hi Steve,

Missing a trick here with your keywords!  Steven Gregory is the sculptor. Title is 'One of Us on a tricycle'

Have been a lifelong friend of his and love his work. Fortunate to have been paid in kind by The Cass Foundation for photography.

Proud owner of an edition of "Fish on a bicycle" who keeps my back garden in order. And yes he is triumphant!!

Regards

Chris E

D151CX.jpg

Lap of honour.

Hi Steve,

Missing a trick here with your keywords!  Steven Gregory is the sculptor. Title is 'One of Us on a tricycle'

Have been a lifelong friend of his and love his work. Fortunate to have been paid in kind by The Cass Foundation for photography.

Proud owner of an edition of "Fish on a bicycle" who keeps my back garden in order. And yes he is triumphant!!

Regards

Chris E

Thanks Chris, I wasn't sure of the sculptor, but did know the title but somehow forgot to add it to the caption / keywords ( one of my first uploads to Alamy I think ) ..I have spent many enjoyable visits to the Cass Foundation ( as I live local )and will be up there again soon to see whats changed...... and I must say you are indeed very lucky to have an edition of the fish on the bike in your garden.

Steve.

Archived