Images sold in June (one per day per contributor)

A low value sale

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 19 June 2018
End: 19 June 2023

port-of-newcastle-nsw-australia-showing-hunter-river-and-coal-and-EJFD2P.jpg

Three similar all sold today -- distributor sales to Turkey.  And all for very low amounts.  Mothballed diesel locomotives on siding in southeastern Arizona, USA.  26 showing.  There are said to be about 200 total.

union-pacific-locomotives-mothballed-on-siding-in-southeastern-arizona-HPGRG0.jpg

View over Hobart from the Lookout on top of Mount Wellington, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Travel client. Marketing Package Use. 

view-over-hobart-from-the-lookout-on-top

JBP08G.jpg

JBP08G  Baby elephant with a spear injury being cared for at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya. This injury was actually healing well but a snare injury on his leg became infected and he died.

I almost didn't post this because it is so upsetting. It was an editorial use so part of letting people know what is happening to elephants because people want the ivory of their tusks. This baby's mother had been killed.

Paulette

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

JBP08G.jpg

JBP08G  Baby elephant with a spear injury being cared for at the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya. This injury was actually healing well but a snare injury on his leg became infected and he died.

I almost didn't post this because it is so upsetting. It was an editorial use so part of letting people know what is happening to elephants because people want the ivory of their tusks. This baby's mother had been killed.

Paulette

So sad, but a good pic.

Thank you. I took a number of pics of this little fellow because it is such an important issue. Most of my images have nothing newsworthy but there is a lot of interest in what is happening with poaching in Africa. The Sheldrick Wildlife Trust does wonderful work bring up babies who have lost their mother for one reason or other. They reintroduce them into the wild and they bring their own babies back to show the keepers. It's very touching.

Paulette

44 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you. I took a number of pics of this little fellow because it is such an important issue. Most of my images have nothing newsworthy but there is a lot of interest in what is happening with poaching in Africa. The Sheldrick Wildlife Trust does wonderful work bring up babies who have lost their mother for one reason or other. They reintroduce them into the wild and they bring their own babies back to show the keepers. It's very touching.

Paulette

Dreadful - and heartwarming at the same time. To know that there are such selfish - and selfless - people in the world. 

On a side note: have you ever thought of entering WPOTY (Wildlife Photographer of the Year)? They always have a section for subjects such as endangered species and abuse of animals, etc. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I must say I don't have much confidence that I can compete against the many, many wonderful wildlife photographers who are working in the field of conservation.

Paulette

13 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I must say I don't have much confidence that I can compete against the many, many wonderful wildlife photographers who are working in the field of conservation.

Paulette

Always worth a try! ;) :)

41 minutes ago, Barking said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlGnZV5QoP4VtKsKespB_AnGOIxfkA

Struggling to find a way to copy the image...keeps inserting a link!!😬

The shot is about 7yrs old... there's hope for us yet!😀

Just enter the Alamy image ref in the search bar, right click and select 'copy image address'

Gen

6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

You were in the right place at the right time. Good going.

Thanks.  I was going to Montreal and then figured a side trip to Ottawa would be a good idea too.  I hadn't been there since 2000.  Nice place to visit.

Archived