Good for you Pearl bad for me will check BHZ if that still has any relevance 

Jon

Just had a look at BHZ Pearl and its improved by 6 or 7 pages but real word searches are much much worse like 100+ place drop on many Images is it time to stop re tagging thill this mess sorts itself out????????????

Judging by my regular test searches you cannot assess ranking from a single search, for me at least. I stopped using bhz for that reason, I use real, multi-word searches relevant to my portfolio.

I have one search where first image has gone from 45th position to almost 900, and other standard searches where images from that same pseudonym  have barely moved. I even have very low CTR pseudonyms that have moved up in the search (page 1), but they have comprehensive results as they are of aspects of my home town. Conversely I have much higher CTR pseudonyms that have  gone down significantly in the same searches, but I have many fewer images in the search results.

This is pure speculation, but I still think there could be an element of rotation built in to the new search. One of my images that was near the top in a specific search has now sunk out of sight, but one that was further down has been promoted. A new upload that had disappeared to the bottom of the pile is now near the top, with older images sinking down in the same search.

I consider the BHZ image as a quick way to see which way I'm moving but otherwise not important. Too few contributors use it. I'm still on Page One but down two lines.

Checking with my usual test search subjects just now shows that I've slipped several pages since the new IM has been introduced -- not terrible, but not good: I'm moving in the wrong direction. Hmm. Last week I was on Page One or Two with all my test searches. 

I concur with ReeRay and Pearl, this look like a reversion to the previous search engine algorithm. My BHZ results are back to where they were pre-search engine big bang. Test real world search results which I've been monitoring look closer to where they where before December than they did on Monday.

It may well be a short term blip while they tweak the new search engine. It's possible the new search engine programmer they were  advertising for has arrived and has brought a new broom, though this is pure speculation on my part of course.

I don't think that what we are seeing today will last, but it is an interesting development. Extra marks to those contributors who have kept their powder dry and ignored  the impulse to re-keyword everything on the basis of Alamy's pronouncement to date.

I'm back to where I was a year ago. Like Mark, I deleted BHZ from my three pseudonyms about a month ago, but towards the end of January I decided to reinstate them albeit with different images. I have a feeling I have relegated myself! Will be interesting to see how things pan out in time.

Jim. ;)

Hi Again 

Im worried that the revision will start us all off re kewording or tagging that nobody fully understands yet causing terrible search results .

Interesting to see what Keith and Kumar think.

regards

Jon

Archived