Hooray! Reached magic 3,000 images.

Well I finally reached the magic 3,000+ images on Alamy when the sales are supposed to start rolling in, according to forum discussions about six years ago.

At that time I think Alamy had around 30,000,000 to 40,000,000 images in the library.

As they now have in excess of 80,000,000 images does that mean I still have not reached the magic number and have to have 6,000 images in my portfolio to achieve the same return as then in terms of sales?

Or is the magic number going up exponentially?

Allan

Well done, Allan.

I seem to remember Philippe mentioning a figure of 5,000 as the new good starting point a year or so back.  Feels like swimming against the tide, eh?  Still, others are doing well by some heavy pruning, so there's hope yet!

Congrats Allan, I'm getting there with 2,579 on sale. I told you a few years ago you should be a stand up comedian. You always crack the funniest jokes on the forum.

Congratulations.  I passed the magic mark on 20th June this year and had two (small) sales the same day - so it must have significance.   :)

Mind you, as Keith rightly points out, we'll both need 10 times that amount.  I'm not sure I'll live that long.  Can you die from keywording?

Wow! thank you for all the replies and for the useful comments. :)

As for being a stand up comedian. I will stick with what I do here. But thanks for the kind suggestion. :)

Allan

Good on you, Allan. When I reach 3,000 I'll expect a new National Holiday to be declared on both sides of the Pond.  :wacko:

I will make sure it happens on this side of the pond.

Allan

add another 30,000 and you'll be fine

km

I'm jealous, but not in a nasty way.

Don't think I will ever get to that figure.

Allan

Congrats! I reached that mark about 15 months ago. Working toward 5,000 now and hope I can make it by the end of 2016.

You deserve a gold star if you get there Betty. :)

Allan

Archived