Member contact request via MemberServices - Spam?

Received a message showing as from Alamy member services.  It states a member wishes to converse with me and to click on the link provided.

It might be spam etc so I've not clicked on it.

Anyone else had one of these?

Yes, I've just received one from someone called "Miss Rosine"!  Ignore, delete or forward on to Member Services for action! ^_^

I have also received one from "Miss Rosine".

Now that this weekend scam mass messaging has hit Alamy, I'd prefer they disable messaging over the weekend, rather than give scammers a full weekend pass to prey on members.

(Of course, it would be good to put something/someone in place to deal with the problem and keep 24/7messaging, but....)

Haha. Ann I just clicked on your website and I saw your Boxter photos. Great!

I ordered an S about 3 weeks ago in grey. :)

Thank you, Gervais. And you ordered a Boxster S - congratulations and enjoy!

Now that this weekend scam mass messaging has hit Alamy, I'd prefer they disable messaging over the weekend, rather than give scammers a full weekend pass to prey on members.

(Of course, it would be good to put something/someone in place to deal with the problem and keep 24/7messaging, but....)

They could limit the number of messages sent members with posts under 10 to 5 per day.

Jill

They could limit the number of messages sent members with posts under 10 to 5 per day.

Jill

Sounds like a practical idea, Jill.

I've used messaging extensively over time, but haven't sent close to 5 messages any one day.

Archived