April Challenge - CITY

Colin Woods

Thanks to Wim for setting March's subject, and apologies for including a photo that was not taken by me. It was taken by my wife, but it was such a lovely moment for me to be in that forest with these birds all around me. It fit the theme so well that I completely forgot one small detail of the challenge - that the contributor has to be the owner of the picture. Oops. 

Anyway, at the moment I am in magnificent Berlin, probably my favourite city ever. So, the theme of the April challenge is CITY. It can be well known landmarks or unknown backstreets, people alone or in crowds, night or day. Send 'em in, a maximum of three per person and I will sort out 8 on April 30th. 

The last few challenges have seen a really high standard of pictures, so I am looking forward to seeing some great shots on the theme of CITY.

Cheers

Colin

Congratulations to the Leader of the Opposition (LOTO) ;)

And also to you Colin, an interesting challenge which by decree will attract interesting views of interesting cities.

Here are my three: abstract-view-of-the-stairwell-entrancee

a-view-of-durham-cathedral-from-a-viewin

a-varied-collection-of-fridge-magnets-on

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Davey

Thanks to Wim for setting March's subject, and apologies for including a photo that was not taken by me. It was taken by my wife, but it was such a lovely moment for me to be in that forest with these birds all around me. It fit the theme so well that I completely forgot one small detail of the challenge - that the contributor has to be the owner of the picture. Oops. 

Anyway, at the moment I am in magnificent Berlin, probably my favourite city ever. So, the theme of the April challenge is CITY. It can be well known landmarks or unknown backstreets, people alone or in crowds, night or day. Send 'em in, a maximum of three per person and I will sort out 8 on April 30th. 

The last few challenges have seen a really high standard of pictures, so I am looking forward to seeing some great shots on the theme of CITY.

Cheers

Colin

Congratulations - good win!

Not that it matters too much for this one but Alamy only or any photograph?

A Tokyo festival

fukagawa-hachiman-matsuri-fukagawa-hachi

Tokyo Diet (Parliament) building after a small typhoon. By the way, the sky was really like that, no enhancement.

the-sky-in-the-calm-following-a-typhoon-

Tokyo Metro

reflections-of-driver-and-passengers-on-

I may change some, depending on rules clarification.

We have had a few discussions on whether non-alamy images are accepted into the challenge. I prefer to keep it as alamy only images so for this theme I will say that the entries must be from your alamy selection. Great shots already, and the sun is out here in Berlin.

Cheers

Col

Cheers

Colin

My fave city too, just watch out, it gets to you and you end up moving here! Will add pics later, good challenge 

The Broad Street and the Bodleian Library (Clarendon Building), Oxford, United Kingdom

view-of-the-broad-street-and-the-bodleia

Block house apartments detail, Tokyo, Japan

block-house-apartments-detail-japan-F821

Michalska street and the Michael's Gate, Bratislava, Slovakia
michaels-gate-bratislava-slovakia-FWBA8D

The Village of Karabiyikili, Turkey

the-village-of-karabiyikili-turkey-68042

Portland, Oregon skyline from the Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park

the-portland-skyline-from-the-governor-t

Fresh fish restaurant boats, Rüstem Paşa Camii, and the Süleymaniye, Golden Horn, Istanbul, Turkey

fresh-fish-restaurant-boats-rstem-paa-ca

My three of Cambridge City England. A small choice from hundreds.

Kings college chapel and bicycle.

king-college-chapel-from-kings-parade-ca

Trinity bridge and punts on the river Cam.

trinity-bridge-and-punts-on-river-cam-ca

Market Hill, Cambridge city centre. (Yes, those are birds flying in the sky not dust bunnies.)

view-of-market-square-and-daily-market-c

Allan

Archived