Last month was my best to date on all fronts - sales, zooms etc.  Previous months were encouraging too.

November is probably the quietest I've had for some time.  No sales, zooms almost zero and no licenses paid.

I know that activity can fluctuate but this seems such a sudden change.

However, there's still time before the month is out so fingers crossed.

Quiet for me too. Zooms down slightly and only 3 sales for modest fees, the largest of which ($28) was via a distributor.  :(

Edit  -  Unusually, a couple of reasonable sales appeared yesterday, not sure that I've seen sales posted on a Saturday in the past. Cause for mild celebration.  :unsure:

My Alamy income keeps in the manor to which I am accustomed.     Homeless, penniless and starving.  :(     Spare a copper or two Sir?

The only reason I keep taking, processing and loading images to Alamy is it takes my mind off being Homeless, penniless and starving. BURP!  :wacko:  Beg pardon.

Allan

The above was also posted in another thread but should have been here.

Good to see many are doing well this month.  I was getting a bit concerned.

I'm aware of the ups and downs but it seemed exceptionally quiet for me - especially considering my collect is progressively growing.

I must learn to be more patient :D

Last month was my best to date on all fronts - sales, zooms etc.  Previous months were encouraging too.

November is probably the quietest I've had for some time.  No sales, zooms almost zero and no licenses paid.

I'm glad you asked that, not a single zoom or sale this month, after last month having 6 Z's & 3 Sales

I'm glad you asked that, not a single zoom or sale this month, after last month having 6 Z's & 3 Sales

I sometimes think (wrongly of course) that Alamy rotate image availability on a monthly basis. Activity seems to just stop or start at the beginning/end of a month.  :rolleyes:

Sales volume good though not high average prices. One encouraging things is that recent months have started very quietly and improved in the last two weeks. The month has started well, so I hope the second half will be even better.

Same here although i've had my second ever highest sale this month.

Usually a quiet start but this month has already reached my average for the month. hopefully more sales to follow in the second half.

John.

I sometimes think (wrongly of course) that Alamy rotate image availability on a monthly basis. Activity seems to just stop or start at the beginning/end of a month.  :rolleyes:

Yeah I wondered that too, also bank holidays and stuff, it seems to stop, then I'll not look for a few days and suddenly see zooms. there is so much I don't understand about how Alamy works! Apart from the guy who has 38,000 images, getting sales as he has 38,000 images, everything else I'm pretty confused by.

Zooms running above last month, sales pattern running the same in numbers as the last 6 months with the majority of sales reported in the last third of every month. Fees very modest need a decent value to drop in to boost moral. Searches via Alamy ref number seems to have dried up recently, was getting at least 1 or 2 a month.

Regards

Craig

Searches via Alamy ref number seems to have dried up recently, was getting at least 1 or 2 a month.

Regards

Craig

Now you mention it, I've not seen one for a few weeks now. Two people is too small a sample to have any real relevance, but maybe others have noticed this change?

Searches via Alamy ref number seems to have dried up recently, was getting at least 1 or 2 a month.

Regards

Craig

Now you mention it, I've not seen one for a few weeks now. Two people is too small a sample to have any real relevance, but maybe others have noticed this change?

Same here. Usually have about 10 of those. Now ......... none!

Weird! Especially because this month, I also see an exceptional high percentage of distributor sales (90%) and very few direct sales. 

Cheers,

Philippe

None for me during the past month, but that is not really unusual. I seldom see ref number searches.

Regards

Craig

I haven't had any this month either. Usually 1 or 2 a month.

John.

I haven't had any Alamy ref # searches in about a month or so either. Someone in another thread said they show up in "All of Alamy" but not in your zooms anymore. http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/4815-search-by-alamy-ref-no-longer-showing-in-measures/

Otherwise I'm getting normal zooms and have had one sale so far this month. I usually get 1-2 sales a month so that's average for me. 

Archived