Post your positive results here :)

Yes, nice one, Philippe. Congratulations.

Would you say that it was a "scarce" image -- i.e. one that the buyer would have had trouble finding elsewhere?

Not scarce at all. Alamy has got 17,833 similar shots. I think 25% of us have one in the house. You could take such a shot without leaving your comfy chair  ^_^

Cheers,

Philippe

That's good to hear. I seem to be having trouble leaving my comfy chair these days.

This photo was supposed to be a calendar cover but the calendar got pulled - discontinued before it went to print, but Alamy got $50 for the mock-up - not bad. I found it online ages ago and it took a while for them to chase it down but they emailed me with the info when they did.  This one has been a good seller for me. Love this lighthouse - was there for a second time last week. 

castle-hill-lighthouse-light-house-at-tw

Just got my first sale ever. 

E8T8RJ

This brought me back to Alamy and made me upload again.

Glad I sold the image and I got 10$. Today the day I would never made this image and not processed the image like that.

But now I'm back on Alamy and uploading like crazy because I need to catch up.

Hopefully this will result in good sales, because I got a few very good shots in my portfolio.

Davey :)

A nice $572 sale for a magazine cover showed up. Personal best single sale. But it's a distributor sale to France, so a big chunk is gone to someone in France for a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. No problem, as long as they can keep the sales coming.

After my first payout last month (finally reached the threshold) I had a sale posted this morning for $86 ($25 to me) .....mine too was a distributor sale in France, book usage...image taken in Peru some years ago now. :)

Just passed last year's totals for both sales and revenue. I do have more pics on sale, of course, but cheering even so

Alex

Nice Alex! Unfortunately my revenue is still to get to last years levels. You have every right to be cheering though. :)

After a pretty indifferent month, today arrived a 4 figure sale, my highest to date at just short of 1200.

A well enough executed effort, but nothing special. I really can't work out the relationship between photo content and selling price.

Fingers crossed that there won't be a refund tomorrow!

Thanks for the kind words folks and thanks to the Alamy sales team for achieving the result!

I'm in two minds about this, on the one hand it's the kind of sale that keeps me going, but I have to stop and consider the time and effort that goes into building a reasonably sized collection here, and I would not want new entrants to the game to think that this kind of thing is commonplace.

The market for stock photography is very difficult and rates are falling, I do this as a retirement pursuit, a!though the cash is handy as a supplement to my pension. I recently had a chat with a local pro, and he said that he would starve if his income was based upon speculative shooting, rather than predefined assgnments or contract work.

Archived