Have you received the Top 500 mail?

I think Alamy have arranged for those of us who sell gazzillion licences but haven't received the email to have Beyonce come around to take us out for a Maoz falaffel with lashings of garlic sauce. Lekkerrrrr.....!!!!

I am just wating for her to pop round now.

Agencies?

Some individual contributors have signed on as an agency for some reason.

Beyonce seems to bike around our canals:

10151880_10154017811965601_806198981_n.j

www.facebook.com/beyonce/photos/a.10153853613495601.1073741882.28940545600/10154017811965601/?type=3&theater

Looks more like the Ceintuurbaan to me.

wim

The fact that Keith didn't get in the top hundred and I did makes me think the whole thing is meaningless. His sales must be 5-10 times more than mine.

Perhaps Alamy just assume he knows he's in the top 3 and don't bother sending the email.

More to do with faulty e-mail systems (or databases) which no-one bothers repairing/updating.

I'm definitely in the bottom 500, so this particular missive doesn't apply to me, but I don't get (m)any of the regular e-mails that are sent out to 'all' contributors.  I spoke with MS about it long ago, but got no practical response.

Got it yeah I asked them last time what number but they would not give it to me. Its not like they do not know all this info.

It would be interesting to see what number each individual was on the sales list, even below the top 500, might give encouragement to some people to increase their sales rank.

John

The fact that Keith didn't get in the top hundred and I did makes me think the whole thing is meaningless. His sales must be 5-10 times more than mine.

Perhaps Alamy just assume he knows he's in the top 3 and don't bother sending the email.

He does get sent the mail but for some reason there seems to be an issue with his mailbox. 

I wonder if anyone with less than 4,000 images is on the 500 best sellers list? 

I know at least 5 more that have been included in the past. Not all may have been included in the last one. Some may now be over 4000.

If I had time enough I would try to find a way to search the forum for top 500.

You all probably have found out by now that this forum does not allow you to search for Top 500. Nor for BHZ for that matter. No conspiracy: it's three letter words that are verboten. Why? It's not Dutch. (in Dutch 3 letter words is shorthand for swear words.)

wim

at the risk of attracting another red arrow (yawn), it is interesting to peruse a thread with a tad more relevance than BHZ, CTR etc etc. Even though we don't know which actual images were licensed, there are some very interesting commonalities in many of the collections of top 500 contributors.

dd

at the risk of attracting another red arrow (yawn), it is interesting to peruse a thread with a tad more relevance than BHZ, CTR etc etc. Even though we don't know which actual images were licensed, there are some very interesting commonalities in many of the collections of top 500 contributors.

dd

Like?

wim

dd

Like?

wim

Yes, I certainly do.

dd

dd

Like?

wim

Yes, I certainly do.

dd

;-)

Right. I did not mean the thumbs up one.

Thank you Philippe for the translation: Such as? is what I meant.

wim

ah, gotcha.

well, keeping in mind the commonalities are to my eye only, and I'm basing this on the first few pages of each (so please, it's not a scientific analysis, just one person's impressions), here's some of my thoughts:

1. The most obvious is that blue skies predominate. Very, very few washed out skies. Very very few overcast skies.

2. Street scenes with people predominate (vs street scenes without people)

3. No arty filters evident (actually, little evidence of graded NDs or such either).

4. No faux-HDA

5. RM predominate . . . one or two contributors with highish number of RF, but mostly not.

6. With one or two exceptions, very very few similars.

7. Not as much horizontal/vertical shots of same view as I would have expected, although one or two do it quite often.

8. Most travel-type shots appear to be shot in middle of day, very few shot around dusk or at night (with one or two exceptions)

9. Not as many shots where someone doing something was the actual image as I thought there might be.

. . . and so on.

Some of this (number 8 for example) indicate gaps in the Alamy portfolio to my mind.

dd

ah, gotcha.

well, keeping in mind the commonalities are to my eye only, and I'm basing this on the first few pages of each (so please, it's not a scientific analysis, just one person's impressions), here's some of my thoughts:

1. The most obvious is that blue skies predominate. Very, very few washed out skies. Very very few overcast skies.

2. Street scenes with people predominate (vs street scenes without people)

3. No arty filters evident (actually, little evidence of graded NDs or such either).

4. No faux-HDA

5. RM predominate . . . one or two contributors with highish number of RF, but mostly not.

6. With one or two exceptions, very very few similars.

7. Not as much horizontal/vertical shots of same view as I would have expected, although one or two do it quite often.

8. Most travel-type shots appear to be shot in middle of day, very few shot around dusk or at night (with one or two exceptions)

9. Not as many shots where someone doing something was the actual image as I thought there might be.

. . . and so on.

Some of this (number 8 for example) indicate gaps in the Alamy portfolio to my mind.

dd

Great observations!

This good be an interesting game!

What do you spy?

wim

I just received an email to explain why some may not have received the Top 500 email from MS:

The most likely reason that some people who are in the Top 500 are not getting sent emails is that like me at some time in the past I/we opted out of receiving emails from Alamy.

I have never received the Top 500 email and the above is what I was told when I asked Alamy about the reason.

There you have it: better all check our account settings first.

wim

Archived