Have you received the Top 500 mail?

I just received an email to explain why some may not have received the Top 500 email from MS:

The most likely reason that some people who are in the Top 500 are not getting sent emails is that like me at some time in the past I/we opted out of receiving emails from Alamy.

I have never received the Top 500 email and the above is what I was told when I asked Alamy about the reason.

There you have it: better all check our account settings first.

wim

That's the reason they gave me many moons ago.  I had already opted back in before they they told me this, but have still never received any of the standard e-mails.

Now, I can't find where I am supposed to edit this information, anyhow.  It doesn''t appear to be located in 'account settings' (or linked from there) at all.

Looking back at images that sold last year, I would say that "filling the gaps" is the most important thing (in my case, anyway) at this point.

I wish that Alamy had some "auto gap-finder" software that we could download. ^_^

But they have. It's called All of Alamy. It's even better than a simple gap finder: it finds the gaps that clients are looking for.

Just shooting gaps could be very frustrating: a lot are gaps because nobody wants them.

wim

Looking back at images that sold last year, I would say that "filling the gaps" is the most important thing (in my case, anyway) at this point.

I wish that Alamy had some "auto gap-finder" software that we could download. ^_^

But they have. It's called All of Alamy. It's even better than a simple gap finder: it finds the gaps that clients are looking for.

Just shooting gaps could be very frustrating: a lot are gaps because nobody wants them.

wim

Yes, AoA can be a useful tool. Finding productive gaps that fit one's interests and abilities certainly isn't easy these days.

Archived