August Challenge - Bridges

kmerr

A4G99A.jpg

Old Wye Bridge between Wales and England at Chepstow,

A6D462.jpg

Contractors' vehicles driving out into Severn Estuary at low tide during construction of Second Severn Crossing

AXRY0R.jpg

Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol

More bridges.

E53R27.jpg

bridge connecting Guabito to Sixaola. Border crossing between Costa Rica and Panama.

DYY36A.jpg

The Menai Suspension Bridge.  Wales.

DGY053.jpg

Monument to the Discoveries, Padrão dos Descobrimentos, with the 25 de Abril Bridge. Lisbon

More bridges.

E53R27.jpg

bridge connecting Guabito to Sixaola. Border crossing between Costa Rica and Panama.

DYY36A.jpg

The Menai Suspension Bridge.  Wales.

DGY053.jpg

Monument to the Discoveries, Padrão dos Descobrimentos, with the 25 de Abril Bridge. Lisbon

Hey, I've actually walked across that rickety bridge between Guabito and Sixaola, but I must have been too dehydrated to bother taking a picture.

Here's 3 from me, all from my trusty Fuji x100.

D38YMN.jpg

Looking at a bridge, the Sligachan Bridge on the Isle of Skye, Scotland.

D3BKB5.jpg

Drama over the Skye Bridge, Scotland.

DRMBN9.jpg

....and the Tamar Bridge (south west England). Not a view one normally sees of a suspension bridge.

More bridges.

E53R27.jpg

Hey, I've actually walked across that rickety bridge between Guabito and Sixaola, but I must have been too dehydrated to bother taking a picture.

Me, too (must have been about 16 years ago, now)!

EDIT: had to get a post in somewhere, as the competition is definitely too rich for me this month!  Some fabulous images in this thread - good luck in the selection process, as I think that all the finalists will deserve a trophy!

More bridges.

E53R27.jpg

EDIT: had to get a post in somewhere, as the competition is definitely too rich for me this month!  Some fabulous images in this thread - good luck in the selection process, as I think that all the finalists will deserve a trophy!

About 14 years ago for me. I crossed from the Panama side. Took a rickety bus from Bocas del Toro to Guabito and then walked across the bridge to CR, where I caught another bus. It was a great trip.

More bridges.

E53R27.jpg

About 14 years ago for me. I crossed from the Panama side. Took a rickety bus from Bocas del Toro to Guabito and then walked across the bridge to CR, where I caught another bus. It was a great trip.

I did the same route, 2008, but the bus was the same. It was a pity to leave Bocas. Wounderful islands.

Lovely capture, Jools. I think it's time to watch "A Room with a View" yet again.

Or, if I make it back to Italy, where Mom was born, stay at Hotel Degli Orafi.

If dream, dream big - Ann

How's this one?

10603205_804620406236530_496280908118212

I was rowed out into the middle of the river Arno on Tuesday. An incredible priviledge to get a unique angle on this most famous of bridges.

Well, I went to a number of places and got a number of views. I do have another unique view over Florence which, with a flash of my press card, was opened for me. A nice view showing Santa Maria Novella in one direction and the Duomo in the other.

It was fun being rowed down the river and everyone just looking gob smacked as enjoying ourselves :D

Boy, they really cleaned things up on the Ponte Vecchio . . . over the last . . . century or so. ;)  Thanks for the look, Jools. 

You mean they have removed the graffiti?

Allan

Boy, they really cleaned things up on the Ponte Vecchio . . . over the last . . . century or so. ;)  Thanks for the look, Jools. 

You mean they have removed the graffiti?

Allan

CB8YCD.jpg

In Post, I cleaned almost all the graffiti off this building in Trastevere, Allan, just left a bit on the door. This is not part of the Bridge Competition . . . although a mirror might be considered a bridge between two realms. No no no, not part of the monthly thing, this! (Oh oh, here come the mirror pictures.)

Fittleworth bridge in west sussex, went there this morning to try out my new  X-T1 ( a very nice and useful camera, still getting used to it... but will still be using my full frame nikons for a lot of things )

Fittleworthbridge_zpsa9133e8a.jpg

Hi - Bit of a newbie question... can you link to a picture before it has gone "on sale"? Although I am in awe of some of the pictures posted so far.

Yes you can, if you go via the old version of 'My images'.  However the URL might be different once it's gone on sale so it might disappear.

This one isn't on sale yet and is linked through 'My Images' (not for the challenge, I've already entered my three).  I'll keyword it today and see what happens after the update tomorrow.

E6DF0X.jpg

Hi - Bit of a newbie question... can you link to a picture before it has gone "on sale"? Although I am in awe of some of the pictures posted so far.

Yes you can, if you go via the old version of 'My images'.  However the URL might be different once it's gone on sale so it might disappear.

This one isn't on sale yet and is linked through 'My Images' (not for the challenge, I've already entered my three).  I'll keyword it today and see what happens after the update tomorrow.

E6DF0X.jpg

Great, thanks. As I'm new here I didn't even know there was an old version of 'My Images' but now see the link.

Like Sheila, I would also like to replace one of mine with a more recent pic. I have removed one of my original three and am replacing it with this one. It might look like a tunnel, but it is in fact a bridge, under a road which crosses at an oblique angle.

nxaj0554.jpg

Alan

Archived