I am hoping it is just the holiday season as my sales are 75% down on where I would hope to be at this stage in the month.  But there is still a lot of searching going on so I'm not convinced.

Pearl

It is said that holidays maybe the reason for lack of sales,  but me and my images do not want to be on holidays, if it is holidays causing lack of sales it must only be Alamy clients,  elsewhere is per normal, only 1 sale reported this month on Alamy.

Paul.

A sale or two each week on 3400 images?  Not only would I say it's paranoia but I'd say that you're blessed!

I must agree. My port is about half the size of  the OP's and I've not had a sale since March. Given the slowdown which is inevitable at this time of year, I'm not too optimistic about seeing any this side of September either.  :(

Yes, there is a slowdown.  It's because most of the buyers don't bother with the main collection anymore, and go straight to Keith Morris's images.   :D

There is the answer!  no more key wording, just write Keith Morris in the description field, ( joking of course ) ;).  By the way who is Keith Morris?

Paul.

Must say my sale have been a bit erratic over the last few months but July is already up in value compared to June. After a couple of rubbish months I'm happy for a mediocre one. Paranoid? Pathetic!

dov

Ditto.

After spending two months locked in the sin bin earlier this year, I'm probably one of the most paranoid kids on the block. However, July is shaping up to be an exceptionally good month for me with 20 sales so far. Just goes goes to show that there is no predicting what the roller coaster will do next -- dip, climb, or derail.

My CTR is through the roof (total CTR > 1, highest pseudo >4!!!), yet I only have two lousy sales in July, one distributor. So my conclusion, the clients are not on vacation, Alamy sales team are ;) .

One of these days I'm going to post a new thread about statistics. In the meantime, here's a graph that contradicts the annual "summer holidays slowdown" we hear about every year. I've been gathering the data from All of Alamy, choosing one sample week from each month (for some reason, there's no "export to Excel" option when I view a full month's worth of data, and I don't have the time or inclination to compile four separate weeks for each month). Note that the chart starts at May 2012 and runs only through July 2013. This is because licenses take so long to report that I don't consider the data complete until just before a month falls off the All of Alamy records. If we were to look at the 2014 data now, we'd see a drastic crash in licenses, but that would be essentially meaningless--the licenses will mostly be reported over the next several months.

Apart from the lack of a summer slump in 2012 (and not really much sign of one yet in 2013), this graph is most noteworthy for the jump in sales starting after the rollout of the new website in March 2013. That's a matter for another thread, though. For this thread: Perhaps there's a summer holiday slump this year, but 2012 and a bit of 2013 data wouldn't lead us to expect one.

number.lic.jpg

Yes, there is a slowdown.  It's because most of the buyers don't bother with the main collection anymore, and go straight to Keith Morris's images.   :D

There is the answer!  no more key wording, just write Keith Morris in the description field, ( joking of course ) ;).  By the way who is Keith Morris?

Paul.

a wealthy welsh man of mystery, so they say... B)

Archived