Measures not working yet again

Reported it to CR yesterday Doc.

Dougie

Edit. Just noticed that if you go back and check your first day it will now be much higher.  My main pseudo showed just 13 and it's now reporting 78 for the 29th. So it looks like it's 24 hrs slow to correct itself.

Edited by Sultanpepa
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Reported it to CR yesterday Doc.

Dougie

Edit. Just noticed that if you go back and check your first day it will now be much higher.  My main pseudo showed just 13 and it's now reporting 78 for the 29th. So it looks like it's 24 hrs slow to correct itself.

Hmmm.... Not convinced the zoom recording is fixed for 29th even if views are more now! (But thanks for reporting to CR!)

Edited by Doc

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hmmm.... Not convinced the zoom recording is fixed for 29th even if views are more now! (But thanks for reporting to CR!)

Don't know about zooms as those are few and far between, for me anyway. I seem to remember this 24 hr delay in views collation happened once before.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Alexander Hogg said:

Same  Uploaded 4 photos this morning and showing 0 images not for sale which is strange 

That's normal. It takes 24/48 hours for uploads and/or captions and keywording changes to register on the system.

For yesterday I just get the yellow box with "Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected."

0 views, 0 zooms. Not good

• Like 3

A couple of hundred views are registered on the dashboard; when clicking on "my images" there is a date update as of today, but when clicking on the "go" there are no views. I guess those will be visible at some point later today or tomorrow. It is broken!

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Like 2

• Alamy locked this topic
  • Alamy unlocked this topic

Hi All, 

As previously mentioned in other forum thread https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/17266-alamy-measures-sorry-weve-encountered-an-unexpected-error/ , we've now raised this with our IT team and will keep you updated. 

Please feel free to carry on conversations here and if you have any further issues with measures you can email us contributors@alamy.com 

Thanks,

Chantelle 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

For example, On 2nd Feb set the measures date search to 31st Jan i.e. 48hrs, and the correct VIEW numbers will appear. There seems to be a delay in the correct view numbers being recorded.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

For example, On 2nd Feb set the measures date search to 31st Jan i.e. 48hrs, and the correct VIEW numbers will appear. There seems to be a delay in the correct view numbers being recorded.

Yes, my views are also showing up 48 hours afterwards. Sadly, the zooms are not being reported at all - my last zooms were on 26th January, ie a week ago.

I noticed on the dashboard graph 'Last month average CTR on Alamy: 0.43', which is much lower than usual, and confirms 'Measures' specifically Zooms, isn't working for anyone.

• Like 1

Thanks
Chantelle
for information,

I don't know how deep the problem is, but it seems to me that the solution is moving slowly.

The broken measure is a very important feedback tool for us. I hope you realize that. So far it looks like not.

Radim

5 hours ago, Webby said:

For yesterday I just get the yellow box with "Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected."

0 views, 0 zooms. Not good

Same Just checked but from 31 Jan only 11 views not good  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Just checked, and mine is the same ....  Thanks to those who have posted this out :)

It seems it's different for each contributor.

I've had 70 views reported this morning, the usual 0.00 CTR at the start of the month with zooms rare at best.

No idea how important any of this is.

Had 4 licenses last month only one of which was zoomed.

If measures make a difference to the chance of images being seen and licensed then it's a concern of course.

9 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

If measures make a difference to the chance of images being seen and licensed then it's a concern of course.

This is something that concerns me as well.

Since 'Measures' has been broken since the end of last year my CTR has gradually slipped and slipped

Oct 2023 : 1.00

Nov 2023: 0.57

Dec 2023: 0.4

Jan 2024: 0.16

If CTR is still used in ranking I'm probably going to be stuffed going forward

If you go back to previous days, though, you should see more. Or at least it's doing it for me. For example, yesterday it showed me very few views with "Yesterday" checked, but now if I do it with the date range set to February 1 to February 1, it's showing a lot more. So it seems to be lagging by a day or so. 

Picking some random comparison dates:

10 Jan: 839 views, 4 zooms, 1 sale

19 Jan: 1041 views, 5 zooms, 1 sale

22 Jan: 1032 views, 6 zooms, 2 sales

26 Jan: 798 views, 2 zooms, 1 sale

27 Jan: 221 views, 0 zooms, 0 sales

28 Jan: 452 views, 0 zooms, 1 sale

29 Jan: 878 views, 0 zooms, 7 sales

30 Jan: 932 views, 0 zooms, 1 sale

31 Jan: 1127 views, 0 zooms, 3 sales

1 Feb: 770 views, 0 zooms, 5 sales

2 Feb: 6 views, 0 zooms, 3 sales

Despite making sales on those dates, zero zooms equals zero CTR, so as Martin says it could be damaging for ranking.

Basically since 27th Jan or thereabouts views have been lagging behind by a couple of days, but virtually no zooms are being registered at all. As a result everybody's CTR is tumbling. 

In the past, Alamy has sometimes been able to "recover" the lost zooms, so they may be able to do this again. Or maybe not.

Kumar

• Like 1