Alamy Measures 'Sorry, we've encountered an unexpected error'

Kent Johnson

Question

For the past several months at least - I've encountered this error message - Sorry, we've encountered an unexpected error - whenever I click the 'UCO' 'Sales' 'Views' 'Zooms' 'CTR%' tab along the top of the spreadsheet. This used to rearrange the order from high to low / low to high, but now - I get an error page instead. Has anyone else experienced this - I have been ignoring it expecting it to get fixed but it has not happened. Happening in Chrome and Firefox browsers so I don't think it's me.

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kent Johnson said:

For the past several months at least - I've encountered this error message - Sorry, we've encountered an unexpected error - whenever I click the 'UCO' 'Sales' 'Views' 'Zooms' 'CTR%' tab along the top of the spreadsheet. This used to rearrange the order from high to low / low to high, but now - I get an error page instead. Has anyone else experienced this - I have been ignoring it expecting it to get fixed but it has not happened. Happening in Chrome and Firefox browsers so I don't think it's me.

I asked Alamy about that a month ago, and they said they'd look at it. It was more like a standard, automated response. I got the feeling that the issue was only with my account.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

Yes, it has been happening for a while now. I use Chrome. You can export the results to Excel and then you'd be able to sort the data as you wish.

Worth considering I suppose but I'm often looking at quite a few searches - so not practical most of the time. Thanks for the feedback.

2 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I asked Alamy about that a month ago, and they said they'd look at it. It was more like a standard, automated response. I got the feeling that the issue was only with my account.

I better send them a nudge too.

I sent an email in October then again a reminder. Still waiting for IT to sort it but they have more important things to sort out so will be a wait.

Allan

Hi All, 

We've raised this with our IT team on Monday and they are aware of the technical issue. They will look into this as soon as possible however please note due to it being the festive season it may take longer than usual to receive an update. Xmas tree

Thanks,

Alamy 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Search for images isn't working right now:

Nicaragua Stock Photos and Images

(0

Sorry, we can’t find anything for your search term
  • It’s possible that we don’t have any imagery, but check your spelling or try changing your keywords
  • If you’ve searched using an image ID, it might be that the image is not available for sale in your country or it has been removed from the collection and is no longer for sale
< Back to your last search

While we don't get the "Sorry, we have encountered an error" message, the link on "Your Views" has been removed. What could be a very useful feature for contributors is not available. Surely, the IT department could get this to work. I have sent a message to CR.

Edited by mwakeling
typo

Measures clearly broken again as of two days. Very few views and even fewer zooms registering.

Can Alamy please sort?

Thanks

Kumar

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Measures clearly broken again as of two days. Very few views and even fewer zooms registering.

Can Alamy please sort?

Thanks

Kumar

Ditto.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 11:01, Doc said:

Can Alamy please sort?

Thanks

Kumar

This has been reported before, but for some of us Measures can be working while for others not. I fairly regularly have issues with Measures, but currently am not. Depending upon how widespread this it can make it very difficult to resolve. What we don't know is if this is important enough to Alamy to spend their resources on trying to resolve which isn't good for contributors.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

We've now raised the issue with Alamy measures with our IT team and will keep you updated. 

Thanks,

Chantelle 

Thanks Chantelle - would it be possible to consider changing the name of the thread though please to 'Measures not working' or similar as most of us (myself included) aren't getting the 'Sorry we've encountered an unexpected error' message and probably wouldn't read the thread as it stands which may be why another thread was started.   Measures just aren't working as normal.  Maybe it's just me but zooms are also looking unreliable.

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

Thanks Chantelle - would it be possible to consider changing the name of the thread though please to 'Measures not working' or similar as most of us (myself included) aren't getting the 'Sorry we've encountered an unexpected error' message and probably wouldn't read the thread as it stands which may be why another thread was started.   Measures just aren't working as normal.  Maybe it's just me but zooms are also looking unreliable.

Not just you.

Allan

• Like 1

I find this thread name more system issue - friendly and less system issue -offensive...

Hi Kay,

Thanks, please carry on conversations via the other thread which is now unlocked:  

Thanks,

Chantelle 

• Like 1