Micro sales

18 minutes ago, CarloBo said:

Had a bunch of these penny sales:

Downloaded 1 time 0.12$

Downloaded 7 times 0.81$        

Downloaded 42 times   4.76$ 

Country ROW...good luck opting out.

Downloaded by whom , from where, and for what? 

Anybody know?

Anybody had 400 downloads or similar? 42 downloads suggests the potential for volume.

It seems to be RF only.

Edited by geogphotos

Ooofff!

what has happened to this place?

these nano sales are ridiculous!

I never thought I would say this about Alamy, but it’s worse than SS!

I wish someone would provide an explanation

• Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

I had a couple of these, both for RF nature images. There's no further information from the sales report this morning, just that it is ROW (rest of world). I've emailed contributor relations asking which country it was. For now, I've changed all my Alamy exclusive RF photos (I only had a few hundred RF images) to RM, and will be opting out of most distributors on 1st April. Hopefully that will greatly reduce these tiny sales. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

I had a couple of these, both for RF nature images. There's no further information from the sales report this morning, just that it is ROW (rest of world). I've emailed contributor relations asking which country it was. For now, I've changed all my Alamy exclusive RF photos (I only had a few hundred RF images) to RM, and will be opting out of most distributors on 1st April. Hopefully that will greatly reduce these tiny sales. 

There is speculation on A.N.OTHER group that these were China,(AGAIN!!!) I'm opted out of China and did not have any of these insulting sales.

Phil

• Love 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

There is speculation on A.N.OTHER group that these were China,(AGAIN!!!) I'm opted out of China and did not have any of these insulting sales.

Phil

this would be consistent as I opted out of China last year, and didn't get any hit this time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

Although I haven't had any of these really low sales yet (Hardly any sales to date) but agree with you all about coming out the distribution sales  

the issue is i have had a few decent distribution licence.  I really wish Alamy provided more information for us to make decisions, in the end if can only help them since even the decent distributors would miss on your image. 

Hold the presses... I just got 17 more sales like this.  For some sales, details show they were downloaded TWO times for a grand total of 6 cents to me.  Yahoo!  A few even had 3 downloads for an 8 cent sale to me.  Not the way I was hoping to make 73 cents.

edit: sorry I missed this whole page of news.  Mine were all RF and to ROW.

Edited by Reimar
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hanna_Fate said:

More 3 cent sales today.  Alamy says I can opt out of "novel use" in April.  I'm opting out first thing Friday, and if there is one more of these insults, I'll load up the lawyerpult.

based on Commission rate this is likely Distributor- would be nice if Alamy would say which country, so not sure opting out of nothing Novel use will work

27 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Hold the presses... I just got 17 more sales like this.  For some sales, details show they were downloaded TWO times for a grand total of 6 cents to me.  Yahoo!  A few even had 3 downloads for an 8 cent sale to me.  Not the way I was hoping to make 73 cents.

edit: sorry I missed this whole page of news.  Mine were all RF and to ROW.

did any of the image "Include Property?"

32 minutes ago, Hanna_Fate said:

More 3 cent sales today.  Alamy says I can opt out of "novel use" in April.  I'm opting out first thing Friday, and if there is one more of these insults, I'll load up the lawyerpult.

I have NEVER been in Novel Use, but still getting those penny sales. Alamy said two months ago when this happened that they would investigate. But nothing came out of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Phil

Thanks, Phil. I've been out most of the day. Ellie replied this morning asking for the image IDs for these sales, which I've only just replied to, so might have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.

• Like 1

Alamy have confirmed by Email that the 12 cent sales were via a distributor based in China. I'll definitely be opting out of distribution in China (and Russia) as well as novel use. Hopefully this will reduce the number of tiny sales eventually, though I realise it takes some months to take effect. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3