April 2022 - Favourite uploads.

I try to recycle plastic as much as possible, and there are loads of uses in the garden.  Here are some cyclamen seedlings growing in a spread container, with an outer water trough which contained food.  I used a heated bicycle spoke to puncture the bottom of the inner container to enable drainage.

2J3JD8H.jpg

• Love 3

I read recently that since we no longer get our groceries in plastic bags people are buying a lot more plastic garbage bags. Of course. Those bags that we carried home went to line our garbage cans. Switching to the more expensive biodegradable bags seems like it would be a more realistic solution.

Paulette

• Love 2

Some images from late (last day) March upload classed as April due to lengthy QC time. Some images from early April upload.

Mannequins in front of store shutter

mannequins-in-front-of-store-shutter-waterside-shopping-center-lincoln-2022-2J2C3BC.jpg

Flag flying at property in Cherry Willingham showing support for Ukrainian peoples.

ukrainian-flag-flying-at-property-in-cherry-willingham-2022-2J2C4PK.jpg

Yellow Belly Lincoln imp in window looking out over Sincil street Lincoln

yellow-belly-imp-lincoln-imp-in-window-looking-out-over-sincil-street-lincoln-city-2022-2J2C4YM.jpg

Couple looking in window of Coffee Cats Cat Cafe The Strait Lincoln

couple-looking-in-window-of-coffee-cats-cat-cafe-the-strait-lincoln-city-2022-2J2YAY3.jpg

Please don't tap on the glass sign in window of Coffe Cats Cat Cafe
please-dont-tap-on-the-glass-sign-in-window-of-coffe-cats-cat-cafe-the-strait-lincoln-city-2022-2J2YBAE.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 4

More of the same from me, but with a bit of a theme this time - "tucker time". Which is aussie for meal time, or dinner time - you'll get the gist in the photos.

The first couple were all about luck. I look for this praying mantis every day as it lives on the same bush, and I was waiting to get a chance to shoot the arms away from the body, for the orange and blue colours underneath. This day, I found it, was disappointed that the arms were tucked away - and as I was standing there, a damselfly landed right next to it. Lightening fast the mantid grabbed the damselfly and started to eat the poor thing alive, and I got to take photos while it was thrashing about as it's eyes and head were devoured. It only took minutes for the whole thing to be eaten.

Next is a leaf curling spider that has just started to eat a silk wrapped dragonfly, then a dragonfly eating a damselfly, and a damselfly eating a green midge.

praying-mantis-garden-mantid-orthodera-m

praying-mantis-garden-mantid-orthodera-m

leaf-curling-spider-phonognatha-graeffei

fiery-skimmer-dragonfly-orthetrum-villos

pygmy-wisp-damselfly-agriocnemis-pygmaea

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 15/04/2022 at 13:51, Lisa said:

The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 3X zoom. 

How did you manage to upload iphone images to Alamy and get them accepted?  Or was that done through S---Mo.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

How did you manage to upload iphone images to Alamy and get them accepted?  Or was that done through S---Mo.

Allan

Without going any further the S prefixing the ID indicates its source.

• Thanks 1

If S images are allowed to appear on the Alamy forum then A/PA might as well merge the two together.

(Sorry about this Lisa I am/we are NOT getting at you or complaining about your S images appearing here. And very nice images they are too and if they were mine I would be splashing them about as well.  Just wondering what Alamy are up to because we are not even allowed to discuss S on here.)

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

If S images are allowed to appear on the Alamy forum then A/PA might as well merge the two together.

(Sorry about this Lisa I am/we are NOT getting at you or complaining about your S images appearing here. And very nice images they are too and if they were mine I would be splashing them about as well.  Just wondering what Alamy are up to because we are not even allowed to discuss S on here.)

Allan

I'm pretty sure we are allowed to point users to the app. Just questions and discussions about it should be directed at staff.

So the question how did you get a phone image on Alamy can be safely answered with: using the app.

Maybe I should borrow my wife's iPad and try it sometimes. Then I would know what I'm talking about. No chance using my Samsung, Archos or Xiaomi Pro. https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

wim

50 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

I'm pretty sure we are allowed to point users to the app. Just questions and discussions about it should be directed at staff.

So the question how did you get a phone image on Alamy can be safely answered with: using the app.

Maybe I should borrow my wife's iPad and try it sometimes. Then I would know what I'm talking about. No chance using my Samsung, Archos or Xiaomi Pro. https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

wim

I believe it will work but I'm not in a country that PayPal accepts, so I didn't follow through with it.

I love scrolling through this thread and see the diversity of subjects.

I will add some very different images myself.

The huge deserted swimming pool I have indulged in over the past few days in Broome, Western Australia. I was expecting swarms of Easter bunnies, they didn't materialise.

2J4WJMK.jpg

Salt works in Onslow, Western Australia

2J4WJY5.jpg

Monument to Fallen Soldiers designed to align with sunrise, Onslow, Western Australia

2J4WK1E.jpg

• Love 4

55 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I love scrolling through this thread and see the diversity of subjects.

I will add some very different images myself.

Monument to Fallen Soldiers designed to align with sunrise, Onslow, Western Australia

2J4WK1E.jpg

You timed that just right Gen.

Allan

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

You timed that just right Gen.

Allan

With a little help from PS... I did caption it 'digital composite'. 

• Like 2

Male adders fighting/dancing. I was really pleased to spot this recently, as it's only the second time I've seen this behaviour. Sadly it didn't go on for long, but I managed to get a few shots.

dancing-adders-two-male-adders-vipera-be

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Camel munching

2J51DXC.jpg

Giant Stick Insect

2J51EB9.jpg

Splendid Fairywren (Malurus splendens)

2J51EBE.jpg

Flock of Red-tailed Black Cockatoos (Calyptorhynchus banksii) 

2J51E28.jpg

• Love 2

17 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Male adders fighting/dancing. I was really pleased to spot this recently, as it's only the second time I've seen this behaviour. Sadly it didn't go on for long, but I managed to get a few shots.

dancing-adders-two-male-adders-vipera-be

Great shot Gillian! By sheer coincidence, I archived 5 minutes ago a series of pix of two male Black Whipsnakes fighting. The images are too small for Alamy. What a shame. The fight lasted a long time, we left before the end. We didn't know what kind of snakes they were and we were standing about 3m away. It turned out that they are the fastest snakes in Australia and highly poisonous. And quite long as well!

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Great shot Gillian! By sheer coincidence, I archived 5 minutes ago a series of pix of two male Black Whipsnakes fighting. The images are too small for Alamy. What a shame. The fight lasted a long time, we left before the end. We didn't know what kind of snakes they were and we were standing about 3m away. It turned out that they are the fastest snakes in Australia and highly poisonous. And quite long as well!

Not wise to go in saying "Come on now lads, that's enough."

Allan

• Love 1