April 2022 - Favourite uploads.

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

Carol, you are allowed to laugh as much as you like about my knees, compared to what you are going through it's a breeze. 

Tonight we've moved to another camping site by a creek, more bowerbirds. This morning I walked through the undergrowth. Tiny quails took off literally from under my feet. It was magical!

Carol ! There is hope for our beasties,  check out the Sold Images thread. I just sold two! Albeit at low $$ but hey! Someone appreciates them. 

Great to see your sales Gen, and I'm beyond jealous about your bird poo spider. I must have inspected hundreds of bird droppings recently, but no legs!!!!!!!!!!!! Your new camp site sounds idyllic.

I've had a couple of zooms of the "beastie" stuff this month, so hoping they turn into sales.

Edited by cbimages
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Great to see your sales Gen, and I'm beyond jealous about your bird poo spider. I must have inspected hundreds of bird droppings recently, but no legs!!!!!!!!!!!! Your new camp site sounds idyllic.

I've had a couple of zooms of the "beastie" stuff this month, so hoping they turn into sales.

I actually had to poke it to make sure it was a spider and not bird poo. And it moved! It was my first one and I was excited.

Good luck with your zooms! Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I actually had to poke it to make sure it was a spider and not bird poo. And it moved! It was my first one and I was excited.

Good luck with your zooms! Fingers crossed.

Sounds like we both have a habit of sticking fingers into piles of bird droppings!!!! I really can't understand why people cringe when I say that!

• Love 1

14 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Got to be a spelling mistake surely. 🙄

small-open-boat-called-ship-happens-with

My black inflatable was called Blow-Up 2.

My newer green one has no name yet. That's not allowed anymore. It needs to have a name. Any suggestions? 😁

It's electric btw and very slow.

wim

16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

My newer green one has no name yet. That's not allowed anymore. It needs to have a name. Any suggestions? 😁

wim

Toad or Toady

21 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

The Green Turtle or Lil Green Turtle

Edited by Michael Ventura

23 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

Gurgle Turtle or Porpoise Tortoise. Or maybe Turtle Gurgle or Tortoise Porpoise. I'll take a nap now.

Paulette

From more April uploads.

Closed traders stalls in Central Market Lincoln

closed-traders-stalls-in-central-market-lincoln-2022-2J4D1GJ.jpg

Young lady exercising two dogs

young-lady-exercising-two-dogs-2J528H8.jpg

The following are of the sale of the same property.

Estate agent sign property for sale

estate-agent-sign-property-for-sale-2J527PB.jpg

Estate agents SOLD sign

estate-agents-sold-sign-2J527TX.jpg

Just for a laugh.  I did not know that Alamy were into the estate agency business.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

Purnululu or Bungle Bungles is a stupendous Unesco World Heritage Site in Western Australia

The 53km hellish dirt road has just re-opened for the season. It was a slow slog of 2h1/2 so worth it!! With new shock absorbers and new off-road tyres we felt confident.

2J686XX.jpg

Watching sunrise above the sandstone karst domes 

2J686YM.jpg

The dry creekbed of Piccaninny Creek, a popular place for leading lines photography workshop

2J6870C.jpg

Echidna Chasm. 11:30am is when you get this light

2J687DH.jpg

Dry creekbed of Piccaninny Creek

2J687CW.jpg

Excitement! Just a little bit. No crocs and water level was low. I did have to cross it on foot to take this pic.

2J687G2.jpg

• Love 5

Great and interesting landscape.

Can you nip back and get a photo of the Purnululu at sunrise without the mobile home and hubby?😃

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Great and interesting landscape.

Can you nip back and get a photo of the Purnululu at sunrise without the mobile home and hubby?😃

Allan

Nope. I love that photo. Alamy requested camping pix. I guess that counts? Sort of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Nope. I love that photo. Alamy requested camping pix. I guess that counts? Sort of. 

Alamy gets what Alamy wants.😃

Allan

Some harvest images from my garden:

Jing orange okra - I learned to make gumbo - I planted it for the beautiful flowers and discovered a new veggie - my plants ripened all summer & fall so we ate a lot of okra cooked different ways.

Freshly harvested Jing orange okra seed pods outdoors on a wooden table. Okra ripens throughout summer and fall.  Home gtown in Westchester County NY Stock Photo

Okra and tomatoes with a big okra leaf:

Newly harvested Jing orange okra pods and grape tomatoes flat lay on an outdoor table. Stock Photo

This is a fave because the italian winter grape tomatoes I planted, when I harvested the last batch in October, I hung the vines up in a dark room in my basement and the lasted until I roasted the last batch to make sauce for lasagna for Christmas. I usually make sauce with canned Italian tomatoes but after using fresh, there's no comparison. This year I'm planting some large irregularly shaped  heirloom ones for their artistic value and their taste. These were more for cooking. With hubby working from home during Covid, we used them for fresh tomato calipower pizzas.

Roasted winter grape tomatoes in a roasting pan to make fresh pasta sauce. Grappoli d'Inverno tomatoes harvested in October will last until winter. Stock Photo

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 3

This is my favourite in the Lake District, UK, this week. The sheep's head wasn't visible. But my dog assistant (on a lead with my friend) got the sheep's attention so it turned to look at the dog.

2J63FC8.jpg

I had some downtime between shoots this past Thursday so I stopped at the U.S. Air Force Memorial in Arlington, Virginia.  Driven by many times but never had time to stop.  I'm kinda mad at myself for not getting the tip of the center spire.

usa-arlington-virginia-va-the-united-sta

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 07:17, Michael Ventura said:

I had some downtime between shoots this past Thursday so I stopped at the U.S. Air Force Memorial in Arlington, Virginia.  Driven by many times but never had time to stop.  I'm kinda mad at myself for not getting the tip of the center spire.

I really like the top composition a lot. Although I know that feeling when you get home and shake your head about missing something like that, though in this case, I think the way the middle spire goes off the page makes it seem symbolic of how air force planes fly high up into the sky. 

The posh wedding of a friend of my grandmother's, about 1930.

2J6MRGC.jpg

And a couple of jazz bands, 1927.

"Bonzo Band"

2J6MRR2.jpg

"Felix Dance Orchestra". The pianist is my grand-uncle, aged 25.

2J6MRPK.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1