What Would Make You More Productive?

The only thing that can still be profitable is the daily photo shoot of celebrities on the red carpet. But most of us don't have that option, and many photographers wouldn't even care. Stock photographers in the current business model will never be in profit again.

beyond fees, i guess more support to increase licences, especially in non UK news/day to day images

My latest interaction my Alamy:

Me: There is one image in What should i shoot (WSIS) in my new city, however that business does not exist, let me know what the client wants i'll go and do it

A; We have no other information what they want....also not sure how Customer pro-active that is to not follow up.... of course in reality WSIS isn't really something a client needs, and sounds way more proactive than it really is.

I have a major weather system coming my way later today, but as much as Alamy keeps claiming that "Weather is always news", they mean "At Alamy, weather in UK and Ireland is always news"  (except if you get some destructive system like my friends in BC)

9 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Let me repeat: That is beside the obvioushigher fees and a larger percentage

higher fees OR larger percentage

as long as it justifies my time, doesn't have to be both... sorry math degree deformation. 

Edited by meanderingemu

34 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

alternatively, someone buying me a nice e-bike (can't afford it on Alamy licences), hills in Halifax are really getting to me. 

I thought you were in Ottawa, hills are not much of a problem there. But winter will hit any day soon. I don't know Halifax well but I think it just gets wetter there

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

I thought you were in Ottawa, hills are not much of a problem there. But winter will hit any day soon. I don't know Halifax well but I think it just gets wetter there

I had done my one year in Ottawa, so was time to move on, meandering pandemic edition.  Ottawa was flat, not so much Halifax.   As for wetter,  we have 100mm+ of rain forecasted in next 24 hours.

Being able to walk more than I can now. Lower gasoline prices like they were a year ago, so I could range out in my car like I used to do, going into the countryside if I wanted. Right now, my opportunities for varied images have shrunk markedly.

And I like the 30 years younger option! 😝

• Love 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

😂😂😂 Love your sense of humor. Let’s you and I hold hands, skip over the lovely bridge and claim that option.

NO! NO! NO! Please don't go skipping across THAT bridge yet.

Allan

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

alternatively, someone buying me a nice e-bike (can't afford it on Alamy licences), hills in Halifax are really getting to me. 

I used to live and work there back in the 1970's.  Hills Pah!  You should come to Lincoln for hills. Well at least one of them.

Allan

30 years younger? 45 years younger would work for me. 

Hills? A friend suggested Porto as a place I might like to live. Yikes, you can't take a step anywhere in that town without going up or down. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I used to live and work there back in the 1970's.  Hills Pah!  You should come to Lincoln for hills. Well at least one of them.

Allan

it's not as much the size as their omnipresence to go anywhere, and how the city does not make any allowance for cyclists in their road design. For example on the Halifax-Dartmouth bridge, cars get to drive onto the bridge or get a nice slopping ramp depending of access point, cyclist have to drop to see level go under the bridge, make an hairpin turn unto a sidewalk losing any momentum and climb back to bridge.