Jump to content
  • 0

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Goodness only knows. The linked video seems to visually suggest that Alamy will explode on Tuesay 19th Oct 2021. If it's a marketing teaser it's over my head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Must be when we, the contributors, starting paying to have our pictures published 😬😅

Either that or another commission cut. I'm kidding (I hope).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

Alamy name being "rebranded" to PA

poor Al & Amy

execution Romanov-style, is it...?

can no one do anything??!!  💀  💀  💀 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Goodness only knows. The linked video seems to visually suggest that Alamy will explode on Tuesay 19th Oct 2021. If it's a marketing teaser it's over my head.

 

Yes, it looks like the next Big Bang -- a bit premature perhaps.

 

I guess we'll all find out on the fateful day.

 

200.gif

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Chris Burrows said:

Anyone know what the Alamy Content Team tweet that just says 19.10.21 is all about.

It's a bit ominous! Could it be when Boris Johnson returns from another one of his many holidays? 🤣

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I believe that the black holes will eventually eat all the matter including dark matter in the universe. Then slow the expansion of the universe down by being attracted by gravitational pull so that all the black holes will eat other black holes until there is only one black hole which will become unstable and then there will be another BIG BANG.😇

 

Probably zillions of years in the future.🧐

 

Allan

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

that is the same date the Alamy News Twitter account is announced to shut down and merged with PAImage, speculate at will- i'll go for Alamy name being "rebranded" to PA

That sounds a bit ominous, I've been taken over, then rebranded before and that eventually ended with all my pics being deleted.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

my guess is a new typeface/rebranding (briefly visible at 0:02 in the video)

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
57 minutes ago, kay said:

my guess is a new typeface/rebranding (briefly visible at 0:02 in the video)

 

nice spotting.   interesting that the typeface doesn't seem aligned to any of PA Images , wonder if they will also rebrand also.

 

note that the PA Images twitter account, which is dedicated to Live News, and is being merged with Alamy LN mentions a "renaming of channel"  (i have added tweet to the Alamy announcement post.)

 

 

Edited by meanderingemu
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Insert consultancy memes here.

Or funny Dilbert comic strips.

 

- Dilbert by Scott Adams

 

Consultant: 396,986 images on Alamy

Consultancy: 26,976 images on Alamy.

 

wim

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I believe that the black holes will eventually eat all the matter including dark matter in the universe. Then slow the expansion of the universe down by being attracted by gravitational pull so that all the black holes will eat other black holes until there is only one black hole which will become unstable and then there will be another BIG BANG.😇

 

Probably zillions of years in the future.🧐

 

Allan

 

 

Apparently, when asked what he thought about the Big Bang theory, the Dalai Lama replied, "Bang! Bang! Bang!" 🌟

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

nice spotting.   interesting that the typeface doesn't seem aligned to any of PA Images , wonder if they will also rebrand also.

 

note that the PA Images twitter account, which is dedicated to Live News, and is being merged with Alamy LN mentions a "renaming of channel"  (i have added tweet to the Alamy announcement post.)

 

 

 

Don't forget the "green screen" in the explosion video. Everyone wants/needs to be "green" these days. 🟩

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I believe that the black holes will eventually eat all the matter including dark matter in the universe. Then slow the expansion of the universe down by being attracted by gravitational pull so that all the black holes will eat other black holes until there is only one black hole which will become unstable and then there will be another BIG BANG.😇

 

Probably zillions of years in the future.🧐

 

Allan

 

 

As long as it doesn't happen in the next few weeks, I'm okay with it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I believe that the black holes will eventually eat all the matter including dark matter in the universe. Then slow the expansion of the universe down by being attracted by gravitational pull so that all the black holes will eat other black holes until there is only one black hole which will become unstable and then there will be another BIG BANG.😇

 

Probably zillions of years in the future.🧐

 

Allan

 

 

I'm guessing that these are not Vegan black holes?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm still putting my money on a new "green screen" look of some kind. They're trending, it seems.

 

My iMac has a green screen.

 

Allan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
24 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

in UK too.... Probably using same server as Measures.....  

 

True.. 2am in the UK right now...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.