Any QC delays recently?

Dave Colman

Question

Just checking if there are any delays or if it;s my terrible internet here in China. My images usually go through in between 2 and 5 days but currently I have some from 25th feb uploads still awaiting QC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve F said:

It's almost always 24 hours for me or less (or the Monday after the weekend). No change that I've noticed recently. What's your QC rank?

erm, 2/3 stars if that's what you mean. 
I don't mind how long it takes, just going by previous submissions

1 hour ago, Dave Colman said:

erm, 2/3 stars if that's what you mean. 
I don't mind how long it takes, just going by previous submissions

curious, have you had on QC fail in the past?

by the way it's a 5 star rating now, so being 2 stars may in fact delay the process based on published information that during Pandemic priority is given to higher ratings.  

50 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

curious, have you had on QC fail in the past?

by the way it's a 5 star rating now, so being 2 stars may in fact delay the process based on published information that during Pandemic priority is given to higher ratings.  

I haven't had a single failure so far. As for the stars there are only 3 on my dashboard and 2 are black as they have been since I started in january.

4 minutes ago, Dave Colman said:

I haven't had a single failure so far. As for the stars there are only 3 on my dashboard and 2 are black as they have been since I started in january.

this is curious, as all info from @Alamy refers to a 5 stars system, maybe they can add some info- you are not the first to mention 2 out of 3, and it does seem that this cohort is seeing longer delays due to the ongoing pandemic- some of us have not dealt with it as swiftly as others, and are still experiencing issues.  

9 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

My last submission, the other day, went thru instantly (currently 5 stars)

instantly means no QC, so i don't think this is affected by the current situation.  My last 5 Star QC was done in 24 hours.   It does seem that 2 and 1 star contributor are the only one really impacted by the slower review process now.  

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

instantly means no QC, so i don't think this is affected by the current situation.  My last 5 Star QC was done in 24 hours.   It does seem that 2 and 1 star contributor are the only one really impacted by the slower review process now.  

Good point

I think we used to all start at three stars and it took failures to move down to two. Are you sure you always had only two? Maybe the submission you are waiting for has a flaw. Hope not.

Paulette

Only one star and taking covid working into account by QC staff my images usually pass (or fail) in 4 - 5 weeks.

Actually it is as bad as the wait back in the old days when a fail in QC meant a lockout for 30 working days.

Allan

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Only one star and taking covid working into account by QC staff my images usually pass (or fail) in 4 - 5 weeks.

Actually it is as bad as the wait back in the old days when a fail in QC meant a lockout for 30 working days.

Allan

Allan, it seems that Sony isn’t doing you any better than Fuji, point it out if I’m wrong. Is your eyesight good? Cataracts? I was having trouble evaluating before implant/cataract surgery. If you’ve had no fails since giving up Fuji, I’d think your star rating should be at least 3. ❤️

Just now, Betty LaRue said:

Allan, it seems that Sony isn’t doing you any better than Fuji, point it out if I’m wrong. Is your eyesight good? Cataracts? I was having trouble evaluating before implant/cataract surgery. If you’ve had no fails since giving up Fuji, I’d think your star rating should be at least 3. ❤️

I have had failures but it is definitely my fault not Sonys.

Eyesight OK, no cataracts either. I do wear glasses for reading with a different pair for computer working and another pair for driving.  I am due an eye test as I think the last one was about four years ago. I used to get a reminder every two years but not lately.

Allan

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

I have had failures but it is definitely my fault not Sonys.

Eyesight OK, no cataracts either. I do wear glasses for reading with a different pair for computer working and another pair for driving.  I am due an eye test as I think the last one was about four years ago. I used to get a reminder every two years but not lately.

Allan

Get tested. That's probably your problem.  I will say this, though. When evaluating marginal images, my fails usually came from my giving an image the benefit of the doubt because I didn’t want to lose it. I became much more brutal. If I had to study it and try to decide, I just deleted it and went on. That was very hard for me to do, especially if the image couldn’t be duplicated in another outing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave Colman said:

Just checking if there are any delays or if it;s my terrible internet here in China. My images usually go through in between 2 and 5 days but currently I have some from 25th feb uploads still awaiting QC.

Similar experience for me. I uploaded two small batches on 25th Feb, and they're still in QC. Also 2/3 stars, no failures yet. My handful of previous uploads went through a bit quicker than this.

I'm still finding my feet with QC standards so I'm reluctant to upload too much at once - that first failure, when it comes, is likely to be a really useful benchmark.

• Like 1

When I joined two stars out of a possible 3 and after about 6 months went up to 3.

It did and still does only show a maximum of 3 stars which I guess changes to 4 or 5 once you have stuck around long enough without fails.

24 hours for QC for my submissions recently.

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

........my images usually pass (or fail) in 4 - 5 weeks.

Allan

That's so sad to know that some contributors suffer such long delays, and I hadn't realised how much difference the stars make. I feel ashamed now that I was a little miffed that today's upload of mine had gone into QC and I might lose one day!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NYCat said:

I think we used to all start at three stars and it took failures to move down to two. Are you sure you always had only two? Maybe the submission you are waiting for has a flaw. Hope not. Paulette

Not the original poster, but I think the norm nowadays is to start as 2 stars. Not sure for how long it's been like this, but that was the case when I joined Alamy last February. Regards. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, NYCat said:

I think we used to all start at three stars and it took failures to move down to two. Are you sure you always had only two? Maybe the submission you are waiting for has a flaw. Hope not.

Paulette

Nope, when I started, I had two stars, and am now at three. 

16 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I will say this, though. When evaluating marginal images, my fails usually came from my giving an image the benefit of the doubt because I didn’t want to lose it.

Ditto. Think that is my problem too. But have been more brutal with deletions lately.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Ditto. Think that is my problem too. But have been more brutal with deletions lately.

Allan

I try not to be sentimental at all. Any time I get home and find I missed focus or the whole image is too soft - bin. It's annoying, particularly if I can't go and re-shoot whatever I missed, but it's just one of those things and a reminder to shoot a few images of any particular subject, just in case....

• Love 1