Zooms?

The posts by @Alamy on the subject are locked, but maybe they'd consider giving us an update on their staffing/lockdown/furlough/working from home situation again to give us an idea as to whether it's impacting the reporting system and other aspects.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cee Dee Dickinson said:

On a serious note. No zooms could be  telling us  the products  on sale are not desirable.

All else being equal that would not be an unreasonable assumption.

In my case my zooms for Oct, Nov and Dec were lower than my average, resulting in a very low CTR. Considering my port grew steadily through most of last year that didn't seem quite right. However here's what'll really burn your bacon: I made more sales in each of those months than zooms, in fact, sales during those months saw an uptick. That trend appears to have broken off now, with zooms up this month and so far a single sale that doesn't show as a search or zoom.

I will also say that despite having a crap CTR my search placement for certain subjects is adequately high. Finally, zooms and sales in my experience aren't always reported at the same time. I've had zooms one month reported as sales the next.

Edited by Cal

My zooms were much lower than previous years during 2020. They really started tanking in October, though, and my CTR sank to an all-time low. This month zooms are looking somewhat healthier and CTR has perked up. However, I only have one sale at the moment. Usually I have 6-7 by mid-month.

3 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

On a side note.  The U.S. publications that I go thru, looking for Alamy uses, seem to be using Alamy less and less and that is disconcerting.  Not scientific, as I see a relatively small sampling.  

Uh-oh. I hardly ever see Alamy images in Canadian publications, but it's a small market compared to the US.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Cal said:

All else being equal that would not be an unreasonable assumption.

In my case my zooms for Oct, Nov and Dec were lower than my average, resulting in a very low CTR. Considering my port grew steadily through most of last year that didn't seem quite right. However here's what'll really burn your bacon: I made more sales in each of those months than zooms, in fact, sales during those months saw an uptick. That trend appears to have broken off now, with zooms up this month and so far a single sale that doesn't show as a search or zoom.

I will also say that despite having a crap CTR my search placement for certain subjects is adequately high. Finally, zooms and sales in my experience aren't always reported at the same time. I've had zooms one month reported as sales the next.

After thinking about it.  I should  expand on the thought. Our products may not be desirable today, this week, this month, year, but they may become desireable in the future  as desire moves from one place to another.

4 minutes ago, Cee Dee Dickinson said:

After thinking about it.  I should  expand on the thought. Our products may not be desirable today, this week, this month, year, but they may become desireable in the future  as desire moves from one place to another.

Never mind desirous movements in the future, I'm sure most of the forum have bills to pay this month and would prefer their images to be desirable now.

Edited by spacecadet

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Never mind desirous movements in the future, I'm sure most of the forum have bills to pay this month and would prefer their images to be desirable now.

One must deal with truth @spacecadet. Like fashion and music,  the desire for images shifts in time.

4 minutes ago, Cee Dee Dickinson said:

One must deal with truth @spacecadet. Like fashion and music,  the desire for images shifts in time.

Well, the truth is, I'm making regular sales. So are most of the regulars here.

Surely that's the idea, on a professional forum

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

Zooms down from past glories but I have known worse. CTR very good by my indifferent standards, and with a reasonable proportion of exclusive zooms, BUT, more importantly, sales dreadful, one PU to date this month. 

As John Mo said, swings and roundabouts.

Plenty of Alamy images continue to be used in The Times, I'm not seeing a noticeable decline.

Edited by Bryan

13 minutes ago, Cee Dee Dickinson said:

so what was the point of deleting a significant part of a portfolio, if we do not know what will be what will be desirable next week, month, year?

2 minutes ago, Cee Dee Dickinson said:

Of course. but we must remember measures are telling us what occured in the past. We must try and provide for the future.

truthfully i have found zoom and views to be a leading indicator of future sales level, with about a 2 month lag.

Edited by meanderingemu