I don't like Mondays! Just another grey day in London.

On 21/12/2020 at 16:08, Ed Rooney said:

London is foggy, Ireland is rainy, Canada is cold? These are not exactly news bulletins, folks. In Liverpool, if we were to wait for good weather, we'd never go out. 

Me? I'm having fun with the PS sky replacement tool, carrying my weather in a file.

2DJ3WWB.jpg

Great idea! I wish I could use the sky replacement tool outside my window at the moment.

On 21/12/2020 at 17:23, Vincent Lowe said:

A few years ago I did the Gobbins Cliff Path in Northern Ireland.  You have to book in advance so have to take pot luck with the weather.  The day I had chosen was dismal, dull and misty with the mist at times, quite literally, down to sea level.  I've had nine sales from that short walk.

Their website claims it to be 'The most dramatic walk Europe'.  To put it mildly, I think that's a bit over the top... !

the-gobbins-cliff-path-near-islandmagee-

I'll add that to my bucket list - thanks for the tip! 🙂

On 22/12/2020 at 10:37, Richard Baker said:

Gloomy light for gloomy times. The current mood around the country should be photographed on days like these - especially with bight Xmas lights which benefit from darker backgrounds. And then, if it rains ..

I'm too depressed to try and snap it! 4 years of Brexit shenanigans, 10 months of Coronavirus pandemic and now chaos at Dover have depleted any reserves of enthusiasm. On which elevating note many thanks to everyone who replied; some really solid ideas. Merry Christmas! 🙂

4 hours ago, Jansos said:

I'm too depressed to try and snap it! 4 years of Brexit shenanigans, 10 months of Coronavirus pandemic and now chaos at Dover have depleted any reserves of enthusiasm. On which elevating note many thanks to everyone who replied; some really solid ideas. Merry Christmas! 🙂

I do think that the whole story hasn yet played out and we should be out there recording what's happening as circumstances change day-by-day. That said, it's been another exhausing year for photographers reporting on these issues. If I could actually reach Dover, I would - but I think I'll take up the pace again in the New Year.

It's not over till the fat lady .. oh, never mind.

A Merry Christmas to you all too! 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

If I could actually reach Dover, I would - but.......

I could, and have thought about it, but feel that in these situations I'd struggle in the competition with the locals  - especially with such a high profile story that will be attracting teams from the big guys. I'll keep covering the unfolding situation locally and hope for odd successes, which when they happen means for a greater return on the minimal cost.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I could, and have thought about it, but feel that in these situations I'd struggle in the competition with the locals  - especially with such a high profile story that will be attracting teams from the big guys. I'll keep covering the unfolding situation locally and hope for odd successes, which when they happen means for a greater return on the minimal cost.

Haven't you been listening to our esteemed Transport Secretary- "Don't go to Dover"-sounds like sound advice as a destination, generally, I've only ever passed through, fortunately.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Haven't you been listening to our esteemed Transport Secretary- "Don't go to Dover"-sounds like sound advice as a destination, generally, I've only ever passed through, fortunately.

BC (Before Covid) I did plan to visit Dover for the first day of crashing out without a deal, presuming it happened. Previously I visited last year to shoot an XR Dover Blockade and local stock. Free parking in residential roads was plentiful. It was a great day other than when shooting into the sun towards the docks from the cliff footpath before the protest.  In the current climate it's a no no.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

On 23/12/2020 at 10:39, Jansos said:

I'll add that to my bucket list - thanks for the tip! 🙂

Check on Trip Adviser before you book.  When I went part of it was closed due to rockfalls and we had to return the way we came.  Normally the mini-bus picks you up at the other end.

But they had 'forgot' to mention any of this on their website and I only found out after I arrived (I had already paid of course}.

• Love 1

On 24/12/2020 at 07:32, Olivier Parent said:

Taking pictures in the mist and the rain, or even the blizzard, with almost no sun shining through and almost no colour to be seen can be quite fun actually.

Most of the time, I don't even bother upload that kind of images because there are almost no chances they ever sell…

But it's always nice to try something different.

I think the weather should never prevent you from taking your camera out.

mist-over-the-sea-stacks-of-ruby-beach-in-olympic-national-park-washington-state-wa-usa-2DRW6CX.jpg

mist-over-the-sea-stacks-of-ruby-beach-in-olympic-national-park-washington-state-wa-usa-2DRTN5X.jpg

iceland-ice-chunks-from-jkulsrln-glacial-lake-in-vatnajkull-national-park-are-scattered-on-the-black-sand-of-diamond-beach-W86H9Y.jpg

iceland-ice-chunks-from-jkulsrln-glacial-lake-in-vatnajkull-national-park-are-scattered-on-the-black-sand-of-diamond-beach-W875DD.jpg

denali-national-park-alaska-after-first-

grizzly-bear-ursus-arctos-horribilis-facing-the-blizzard-in-denali-EG56PM.jpg

London sure has changed since i was there 🙂

(great pictures)

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, Olivier Parent said:

As you can see below, I do not hesitate to take pictures of toilets in a snow storm… 

You're not the only one! Taken in Hampshire (not recently)

BY919P.jpg

• Love 1

I am drawn to toilets too. (Particularly when I want to go).🥴

Toilet block Drummer Street Cambridge

toilet-block-drummer-street-near-cambridge-centre-bus-station-HYFXJK.jpg

Portable toilet at side of lane near level crossing

portable-toilet-at-side-of-lane-near-level-crossing-DTAJCE.jpg

Converted garden privy

garden-privy-cum-potting-shed-store-littlecote-berkshire-england-BF4357.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I am drawn to toilets too. (Particularly when I want to go).🥴

Toilet block Drummer Street Cambridge

toilet-block-drummer-street-near-cambridge-centre-bus-station-HYFXJK.jpg

Portable toilet at side of lane near level crossing

portable-toilet-at-side-of-lane-near-level-crossing-DTAJCE.jpg

Converted garden privy

garden-privy-cum-potting-shed-store-littlecote-berkshire-england-BF4357.jpg

Allan

I would be interested to know what keywords you used. When I labelled one of my portable toilets with a 'portaloo' keyword the company concerned got in touch to request that I remove it as the loo in questions was not a bone-fide portaloo. I wish I had told them to stop taking the pi**! 😉 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jansos said:

I would be interested to know what keywords you used. When I labelled one of my portable toilets with a 'portaloo' keyword the company concerned got in touch to request that I remove it as the loo in questions was not a bone-fide portaloo. I wish I had told them to stop taking the pi**! 😉 

I had similar mail... I have used portable loo, portable toilet, etc...

Phil

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Jansos said:

I did have a similar email. Instead of Portaloo I use portable toilet/loo.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1