Images sold in November 2020

I guess I'm on a roll for rock bottom sale amounts. Sold for $5.04. I pocket $2.52. It's a pretty clichéed, commonly available shot, unlike my other one that sold for less. Eighth sale for a port of less than 500 photos. Need the bragging rights, since I'm not getting paid. Recently zoomed, so once in a while a zoom does turn into a sale.

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 November 2020
End: 10 November 2025
Multiple use in branded content/sponsored articles and bookable content on owned website, app and social media. Excludes use on paid-for media.

castro-theater-at-market-and-castro-inte

Edited by The Blinking Eye
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Industry sector: Travel & tourism

It's Culture Trip:  https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/california/articles/best-hotels-in-the-castro-san-francisco/

I think I may have had one for one of my plants, but they must have just used it for a Zoom decoration.   

Usage: Internal business usage
Media: Internal poster/décor (1 use only)
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 10 November 2023
life of display

mid $$

Dunchurch, near Warwick.

grade-ii-listed-the-old-forge-timber-fra

• Like 1

On 09/11/2020 at 17:25, Chuck Nacke said:

Wow, Nice image and excellent scan.

No Date?

Chuck

Yeah, I was surprised myself how well this scan turned out. Not all of my slides/scans were suitable for upload.

It would have been photographed for the pre Olympic trials in about 1987 Calgary,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I haven't logged in for a while.

Edited by Rico

Usage: Commercial electronic
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 October 2020
End: 01 October 2025
Any size; Single placement and design, duration in perpetuity

$

Andalusian Contemporary Art Center (The Centro Andaluz de Arte Contemporáneo (CAAC)) Stock Photo

12 hours ago, MizBrown said:

It's Culture Trip:  https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/california/articles/best-hotels-in-the-castro-san-francisco/

I think I may have had one for one of my plants, but they must have just used it for a Zoom decoration.   

Oh wow, THANK YOU!!! That's the first time I've ever seen one of my photos in use. How exciting. How did you find it?

• Love 2

19 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Oh wow, THANK YOU!!! That's the first time I've ever seen one of my photos in use. How exciting. How did you find it?

I just went to The Culture Trip site, looked for San Francisco, and cruised through a bit before finding it in that section.   The price, another Alamy photographer reporting licensing to CT just above your post, and the description made it likely it was The Cultural Trip.  Given that they are a travel ticket selling site, they're probably hurting during this mess, but....

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

I just went to The Culture Trip site, looked for San Francisco, and cruised through a bit before finding it in that section.   The price, another Alamy photographer reporting licensing to CT just above your post, and the description made it likely it was The Cultural Trip.  Given that they are a travel ticket selling site, they're probably hurting during this mess, but....

Aha. Thank you for doing that. It's really fun to see it in use nevertheless. Wahoo!!

10 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Fantastic photos!!! Congratulations!

Thanks! My day is made 😍 My son and I went years ago before I even knew about Alamy, but I've always loved architecture photography. This is a building by I. M. Pei.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lori Rider said:

Thanks! My day is made 😍 My son and I went years ago before I even knew about Alamy, but I've always loved architecture photography. This is a building by I. M. Pei.

You captured it well. Very exciting, worth every penny to them I'm sure.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, MizBrown said:

50 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Aha. Thank you for doing that. It's really fun to see it in use nevertheless. Wahoo!!

$5 for CC is high😉

well done. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, VbFolly said:

I took this photo in the New Forest just last week, and I'm pretty sure it only went on sale last night, so was surprised to see that it sold today - just for $ though, website use.

a-track-or-path-through-a-clear-felled-area-in-a-coniferous-plantation-inclosure-in-the-new-forest-national-park-in-hampshire-uk-during-autumn-2D9F9KD.jpg

I only found this out last week, I guess you are aware but if not, apparently you need to apply and get permission from the Forestry Commission to take commercial photos in the New Forest.

Not sure what they would do about it but it might be wise to be careful.

1 hour ago, Martin L said:

I only found this out last week, I guess you are aware but if not, apparently you need to apply and get permission from the Forestry Commission to take commercial photos in the New Forest.

Not sure what they would do about it but it might be wise to be careful.

I think that is probably just for commercial rather than editorial uses, but I'll check I've ticked all the appropriate boxes in AIM. There are tens of thousands of photos taken in the New Forest on Alamy!

16 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

I think that is probably just for commercial rather than editorial uses, but I'll check I've ticked all the appropriate boxes in AIM. There are tens of thousands of photos taken in the New Forest on Alamy!

I phrased that wrong. On the website their 'commercial' means selling photos for profit, which therefore doesn't matter if it is commercial or editorial on Alamy.

It's up to you what you do with the photos or what anyone else does so ignore it if you want, I just thought it was worth letting you know that there are photographic restrictions in force.

i have looked into this as I only live down the road and is quite frustrating as I have yet to find the answer if permission is required just for big photo shoots with vans, models, lights etc or if it does include someone like me just taking photos for stock

14 minutes ago, Martin L said:

I phrased that wrong. On the website their 'commercial' means selling photos for profit, which therefore doesn't matter if it is commercial or editorial on Alamy.

It's up to you what you do with the photos or what anyone else does so ignore it if you want, I just thought it was worth letting you know that there are photographic restrictions in force.

i have looked into this as I only live down the road and is quite frustrating as I have yet to find the answer if permission is required just for big photo shoots with vans, models, lights etc or if it does include someone like me just taking photos for stock

Thanks for flagging it up, Martin. I think the problem is that many organisations don't understand what stock photography is. They usually write their photography policies with just big commercial shoots in mind, and obviously it's fair enough that they charge for those. If you ask whether you can do stock photography, they usually don't have an answer, as they haven't considered it.

Mid $$ popped today. was zoomed last month

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
End: 10 November 2025

Making Illinois a country, probably an attempt of having their results removed from USA election!

ottawa-canada-september-28th-2020-people-attending-the-stop-uyghur-genocide-and-call-for-action-by-the-government-of-canada-rally-organised-by-the-uyghur-rights-advocacy-project-urap-on-parliament-hill-in-ottawa-a-couple-hundred-people-came-to-protests-the-ongoing-genocide-of-uyghur-muslims-at-the-hand-of-the-current-chinese-regime-calls-for-concrete-actions-from-the-government-of-canada-to-condemn-the-actions-credit-meanderingemualamy-live-news-2CW8Y7D.jpg

exeter cathedral nave and organ Stock Photo

Getting almost 1 per day at the moment   mid $$ of Exeter Cathedral

Another older image reworked during lockdown

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 21 December 2020
End: 21 December 202

• Love 2