Images sold in February 2020

View from the village of Ortedo towards the town of La Seu d'Urgell, in the Pyrenees of Catalonia, Spain, after Stock Photo

This scene shows the aftermath of a thunder and lightning storm in the Spanish Pyrenees, a sleeper from 2010 that I didn't think would ever license. Very low $$ for worldwide book use.

Edited by MDM
  • Love 4

It looks like my surge (of one) has started.

Magazine and book usage. Worldwide.

Avro Arrow jet fighter, 2/3 sized replica is being built at the Avro Museum in Springbank near Calgary Alberta. Canopy side view.

avro-arrow-jet-fighter-23-sized-replica-is-being-built-at-the-avro-museum-in-springbank-near-calgary-alberta-canopy-side-view-MB8FKR.jpg

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Wow. Hadn't hear about that !

Talking to the people there, it's actually going to fly someday. It's not just a model

Edited by Rico

8 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Yes, I've been on the website since I saw this!

Terrific.

It was a beautiful jet fighter. Too bad the Canadian government scrapped it in 1959.

17 minutes ago, Rico said:

It was a beautiful jet fighter. Too bad the Canadian government scrapped it in 1959.

Yes, we have our own scandals like that.. TSR2, etc. etc. We cancelled and bought American, where have you heard that before! Just about the only thing we kept was the Harrier.

Edited by spacecadet

On 27/02/2020 at 02:26, John Morrison said:

Licensed this shot today of an old man sitting in the Fleece Inn, Bretforton, taken four years ago. He was there with his family to celebrate his 97th birthday, so I took some additional shots with them all together… and emailed them the results.

A month ago I decided I needed a photo to hang on the chimney breast. But which one? I thought I might get bored with one of my landscapes, so I chose this image: the simple composition, the dignified demeanour, that Mona Lisa smile, the glass (more than) half full.

I emailed his family to let them know, and enquired, delicately, whether he had celebrated his 101st birthday. And I’m happy to report that he has! So Douglas Harrison, who I only met for a few minutes, looks down from my wall and, I like to think, doesn’t judge me too harshly...

0-15.jpg

Are they your books John? How did you do when you were travelling? I love my nomadic life in my minibus but I miss my books terribly. I have over 2,000 in storage somewhere. I can only take a dozen or so with me. Nice portrait BTW.

30 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Are they your books John? How did you do when you were travelling? I love my nomadic life in my minibus but I miss my books terribly. I have over 2,000 in storage somewhere. I can only take a dozen or so with me. Nice portrait BTW.

Yes... all my books. Some I've written. Some I've borrowed from friends and never returned. Some I bought from charity shops. They were mostly stored in a friend's attic while I lived in the camper-van; too many books might have broken the axel! While travelling, I had a Kindle... which was perfect...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Thought I recognised that one.  Landscape Magazine, 1 April 2020, page 73.

Thanks John - nice to know where they end up (half page as well!)

That was from short weekend away in the campervan  - we normally walk down from the campsite!

51 minutes ago, Jools Devon said:

Thanks John - nice to know where they end up (half page as well!)

That was from short weekend away in the campervan  - we normally walk down from the campsite!

My pleasure.  I recognised it because I had one in the same issue - though mine was a flower:

Flower heads of the small gold laced oxlip, Primula elatior 'Victoriana Gold Lace' Stock Photo

Same low to mid $$

Must pop down to Looe sometime = it's been a while since I went down there.

On 24/02/2020 at 10:17, spacecadet said:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 21-February-2020 ; End: 21-February-2025

low mid $$ from 2013

D6C5M1.jpg

I wonder if King's Lynn copped it this year?

Found it in 'Landscape' magazine April 2020, page 115

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 24/02/2020 at 16:09, Abiyoyo said:

st-annes-pier-is-a-victorian-era-pleasure-pier-in-the-english-seaside-E4EXT1.jpg

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 21 February 2020
End: 21 February 2025

Low mid $$

Found it in 'Landscape' Magazine April 2020, page 118

Dave

• Like 1

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)

$$+

KHPX15.jpg