Images sold in February 2020

Sold 24th February, average $$.

Usage: Editorial, Editorial - websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 24 February 2020
End: 24 February 2025

Scott Monument, Edinburgh. 

Scott Monument, Edinburgh Stock Photo

• Love 1

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Magazines and books ;  Start: 24-February-2020 ; End: 24-February-2025 ;Additional Details: Use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising).

bloodhound-ssc-supersonic-car-being-prepared-prior-to-carrying-out-KF6RK6.jpg

Zoomed the other day - mid $$

bantry-west-cork-ireland-7th-feb-2019-striking-nurses-from-bantry-general-hospital-picket-the-hospital-entrance-for-a-third-day-after-the-government-refused-to-engage-with-the-inmo-over-the-pay-and-staff-recruitment-and-retention-issues-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-RJKH73.jpg
Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, up to DPS, inside, repeat use for a single title
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 24 February 2022
Edited by Colblimp

3 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Don't get many of these, these days, but 2 in a week:

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Duration: In perpetuity All rights, all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, including in context promotions

$xxx

relatives-and-friends-remember-the-missi

They were everywhere in my neighborhood. Heartbreaking.

Paulette

• Love 1

stela-c-in-copan-ruins-an-archaeological-site-of-the-maya-civilization-G2CD3T.jpg

two from Copan today, one is this.

Usage: Corporate client. Television Broadcast. Any size. Any placement. Documentary & entertainment use across all broadcast media, worldwide distribution. Single use in one episode.
Industry sector: OTHER
End: 24 February 2030

Mid high $$

• Love 3

5 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Can you explain that? I don't know what it's about.

After 9/11 there was a family support center set up at the New School a few blocks from me. St. Vincents Hospital nearby was one of the two hospitals where survivors would have been taken. We were expecting something similar to the Oklahoma City bombing where there were survivors dug out of the rubble. People were posting pictures of lost loved ones on every available surface near me. It became clear that no one was going to be found so these became memorials. Photos are usually taken at events like weddings and birthdays so there were many happy, smiling faces. The importance of photos was clear at that time. Still makes me cry.

Paulette

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
End: 24 February 2025     Mid $$

Live News image.

Pleased with this image, Father Tony Coote recently RIP finishing his walk across Ireland for Motor Neurone Disease support. The press pack were waiting at the finish, i took this image 1/2 mile out of town balanced on a farmers wall. Sometimes pays not to be a sheep and follow the heard. 😐

ballydehob-west-cork-ireland-6th-august-2018-father-tony-coote-today-completed-his-epic-walk-while-you-can-walk-to-raise-awareness-for-the-irish-motor-neurone-disease-association-father-tony-coote-already-a-sufferer-of-motor-neurone-disease-started-back-on-10th-july-in-letterkenny-donegal-and-finished-today-6th-august-in-ballydehob-west-cork-a-total-of-545km-he-was-joined-for-the-final-stage-by-a-huge-crowd-of-fellow-walkers-and-well-wishers-who-accompanied-him-into-ballydehob-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-PD3B9E.jpg

• Love 2

1 hour ago, aphperspective said:

Usage: Editorial
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
End: 24 February 2025     Mid $$

Live News image.

Pleased with this image, Father Tony Coote recently RIP finishing his walk across Ireland for Motor Neurone Disease support. The press pack were waiting at the finish, i took this image 1/2 mile out of town balanced on a farmers wall. Sometimes pays not to be a sheep and follow the heard. 😐

ballydehob-west-cork-ireland-6th-august-2018-father-tony-coote-today-completed-his-epic-walk-while-you-can-walk-to-raise-awareness-for-the-irish-motor-neurone-disease-association-father-tony-coote-already-a-sufferer-of-motor-neurone-disease-started-back-on-10th-july-in-letterkenny-donegal-and-finished-today-6th-august-in-ballydehob-west-cork-a-total-of-545km-he-was-joined-for-the-final-stage-by-a-huge-crowd-of-fellow-walkers-and-well-wishers-who-accompanied-him-into-ballydehob-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-PD3B9E.jpg

So true. Well done. : )

After being stuck in the mid-month doldrums, I was happy to see some decent sales come in yesterday and today. This one was originally uploaded as "live news", and it has licensed several times as stock. High $$, multiple editorial use, education, exclusive to Alamy.

young-native-shawl-dancer-performing-at-

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

A few UKNS editorial webs have come in.

I always grab shots of the leading club runners after the elite runners have passed through at athletic events in the hope that they'll make the step up in future, and that was the case here:

stephanie-davis-560-racing-at-the-virgin-money-london-marathon-2019-uk-T6H9A2.jpg

• Love 1

Usage: Editorial, Redaktionell, Buch, Druck und/oder E-Buch, 1 Seite, bis zu 25.000, Innenseite, 10 Jahre, Weltweit, Inkludiert Ausgaben in anderen Sprachen und Sublizenzierung von dem Buch an andere Verlage

Mid $$, direct. i'm assuming a Germanic speaking country.   

Typical Cape Dutch architecture facade in the Karoo of South Africa Stock Photo

Licensed this shot today of an old man sitting in the Fleece Inn, Bretforton, taken four years ago. He was there with his family to celebrate his 97th birthday, so I took some additional shots with them all together… and emailed them the results.

A month ago I decided I needed a photo to hang on the chimney breast. But which one? I thought I might get bored with one of my landscapes, so I chose this image: the simple composition, the dignified demeanour, that Mona Lisa smile, the glass (more than) half full.

I emailed his family to let them know, and enquired, delicately, whether he had celebrated his 101st birthday. And I’m happy to report that he has! So Douglas Harrison, who I only met for a few minutes, looks down from my wall and, I like to think, doesn’t judge me too harshly...

senior-man-sitting-in-the-fleece-inn-bretforton-near-evesham-worcestershire-FA4TM6.jpg

0-15.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 2 million ;  Placement: Inside and online ;  Start: 04-January-2020 ; End: 05-January-2020 ;

Additional Details: Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Thanks to Derby CAMRA I know it's the Times.

$- worryingly small fee for a print use albeit cropped single-column.

Pump clips for Marston's Pedigree, EPA and Wychwood Hobgoblin on a bar, Queen's Head pub, Hedon, East Riding, Yorkshire, Stock Photo

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Licensed this shot today of an old man sitting in the Fleece Inn, Bretforton, taken four years ago. He was there with his family to celebrate his 97th birthday, so I took some additional shots with them all together… and emailed them the results.

A month ago I decided I needed a photo to hang on the chimney breast. But which one? I thought I might get bored with one of my landscapes, so I chose this image: the simple composition, the dignified demeanour, that Mona Lisa smile, the glass (more than) half full.

I emailed his family to let them know, and enquired, delicately, whether he had celebrated his 101st birthday. And I’m happy to report that he has! So Douglas Harrison, who I only met for a few minutes, looks down from my wall and, I like to think, doesn’t judge me too harshly...

senior-man-sitting-in-the-fleece-inn-bretforton-near-evesham-worcestershire-FA4TM6.jpg

I note that he is drinking Stowford Press Cider. A fine drink for a fine elderly gent ( I also regularly drink the same).

Nice story and nice portrait.

Cheers !

• Love 2