2020 January Favourity Uploads

Alan Beastall

2AKFERK.jpg

When I had foolish aspirations that my personal site may somehow make some money, I had some images I kept exclusive to my site, including this one, which have always been quite fond of.

Still making my way through those images, and down to the last 250.

Now using a much cheaper solution for my site, which has the benefit of having it's own online market place. Not that sold anything there - or much of anything anywhere currently :D

I'm probably going to have to change all my exclusive RM content here to non-exclusive RF so that I can list some here as well as my own site.

18 minutes ago, chris_rabe said:

I'm probably going to have to change all my exclusive RM content here to non-exclusive RF so that I can list some here as well as my own site.

As I understand, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, you can have Alamy exclusive images as long as they are not placed with another Agency. Selling from your own website is permitted as it is not another Agency.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sb photos said:

As I understand, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, you can have Alamy exclusive images as long as they are not placed with another Agency. Selling from your own website is permitted as it is not another Agency.

It's kind of an agency that I use as my site now. All images are available on their market place, but you still get the option to have your own store with your own prices, hosted on your own domain.

Hence, any images I put there cannot be marked exclusive here. 

Older ones from the Made in Jinotega (Nicaragua) series, but just uploaded recently:

interior-of-a-kitchen-used-for-small-sca

Tortilla makers in a traditional Nicaraguan kitchen.   Yes, the younger woman wears that make-up every day.  They have both wood-fired and gas cook tops. 

dressmaker-looking-for-patterns-2AJ65E6.

Dressmaker looking for patterns.

ngo-workers-in-the-coffee-shop-run-by-uc

NGO volunteers in the coffee shop run by UCA Soppexcca, a coffee growers's coop.  The shop sells whole and ground beans as well as cups of espresso, cappuchino, and pastries.  Processing was done on premises when I took photos there.  They also process cacao and have coffee tastings.   

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:26, Rico said:

This one is from my winter project (scanning film from the 80's and 90's)

Writing on Stone Rodeo, Alberta Canada circa 1980. 

behind-the-chutes-at-the-writing-on-stone-rodeo-alberta-canada-vintage-monochrome-1980-2AJR920.jpg

Nice scan Rick,

I'm jealous,  I can't get a nice flat scan like yours from my CanoScan FS 4000.

Like your images.

Check out http://chucknacke.com/cowboy2.html really old site but Adam's MF scans were and are great.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Nice scan Rick,

I'm jealous,  I can't get a nice flat scan like yours from my CanoScan FS 4000.

Like your images.

Check out http://chucknacke.com/cowboy2.html really old site but Adam's MF scans were and are great.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck😀!

Right now I'm using a CanoScan 9000F MkII for my new scans but for this image I used a professional scanning firm. It cost me about $80 for it. As I consider it my "masterpiece" and it hangs on my office wall, I think it was well worth it. Plus it was shot with a Hasselblad, so that made a difference too.

Rick

(edit) I just checked out your photo😊. Coincidentally, I named my photograph "The Last Rodeo"  Great minds think alike. right?

Edited by Rico

11 hours ago, Rico said:

Thanks Chuck😀!

Right now I'm using a CanoScan 9000F MkII for my new scans but for this image I used a professional scanning firm. It cost me about $80 for it. As I consider it my "masterpiece" and it hangs on my office wall, I think it was well worth it. Plus it was shot with a Hasselblad, so that made a difference too.

Rick

(edit) I just checked out your photo😊. Coincidentally, I named my photograph "The Last Rodeo"  Great minds think alike. right?

Rick,

Thanks, but the cowboys are not "my photos"  That was back in the day that I featured a photographer every month.  That was so long ago that 760 X was

the web format  Adam did shoot all those cowboy photos with  MF's

Best,

Chuck

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Awww, how cute!

Yes, I don't think it was nesting- looked at me as I got a bit nearer then did that. Unbeatable pic, if not very ornithological.

I do have an ordinary one, though.

2AMX962.jpg

We stopped for a coffee near Cape Palliser (see above) and by the time we'd been served, two dozen of these chaps had arrived, all facing into the wind, like avian weather-vanes. They though we had chips (fries to you). Apparently they're very partial to chips.

Edited by spacecadet

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Yes, I don't think it was nesting- looked at me as I got a bit nearer then did that. Unbeatable pic, if not very ornithological.

I do have an ordinary one, though.

2AMX962.jpg

We stopped for a coffee near Cape Palliser (see above) and by the time we'd been served, two dozen of these chaps had arrived, all facing into the wind, like avian weather-vanes. They though we had chips (fries to you). Apparently they're very partial to chips.

When I first saw it, it looked like it was possibly sitting on eggs, too. Then I thought it was too early to have nests. Then I realized I have no clue when birds nest in that part of the world.

I love chips (fries) too, so I’m in tune with the birds. I like tater tots, too. And mashed potatoes (covered in gravy) and baked potatoes. I support Ireland! 😊

51 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

When I first saw it, it looked like it was possibly sitting on eggs, too. Then I thought it was too early to have nests. Then I realized I have no clue when birds nest in that part of the world.

I love chips (fries) too, so I’m in tune with the birds. I like tater tots, too. And mashed potatoes (covered in gravy) and baked potatoes. I support Ireland! 😊

Right- not too early- too late! 20th December- virtually midsummer's day in New Zealand.

You have to adjust more than your watch down there.

54 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

tater tots

I had to look those up. Mmm.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Napier was destroyed in an earthquake in 1931.

So, when they rebuilt, they did this......everywhere.

2ANBA04.jpg

You're bringing back memories of my visit in 2014/15... visited a lot of the same places.

If I was 30 years younger I'd emigrate there, but they won't have me now as I'm too old/not rich enough!

Phil

1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

You're bringing back memories of my visit in 2014/15... visited a lot of the same places.

If I was 30 years younger I'd emigrate there, but they won't have me now as I'm too old/not rich enough!

Phil

Get ready to be reminded a lot!

Masonic Hotel and T&G building

2ANBAJB.jpg

Scinde building, originally the Masonic hall

2ANBACM.jpg

I love Deco. I just walked round Napier with my mouth open. Half the images I took are going up on Alamy- just extraordinary..

OK just one more for now, there are 98 but everyone else may get bored.

2ANBADT.jpg

Just realised this lot will take me over 10,000.

1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

too old/not rich enough!

Too bad

We now have son/D in L and granddaughter there. We'd be there like a shot if there were a way. It's a better place.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

I took a recently purchased Samyang 8mm fisheye to relieve trolly pushing duties shopping boredom 🙂

an-asda-supermarket-trolley-half-full-of

Steve, I haven’t looked at your keywords but be sure to include, grocery cart and carts.  That’s what we call them in the U.S.   I think this could sell on this side of the pond 😃

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Steve, I haven’t looked at your keywords but be sure to include, grocery cart and carts.  That’s what we call them in the U.S.   I think this could sell on this side of the pond 😃

Hi Michael, thanks for that. I’ve added the keywords and I’ve amended the description. Your suggestion got me looking so, amongst others, I found the American term ‘Private Brand’ for  ‘Own Brand’ which is the equivalent term we use in the Uk 👍

22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Too bad

We now have son/D in L and granddaughter there. We'd be there like a shot if there were a way. It's a better place.

Hasn't NZ the equivalent of Parental visa Oz has?