Alan Beastall

2020 January Favourity Uploads

I was sat in my car, waiting for my wife to finish work and I realised I had my camera and phone with me so..

google-maps-app-being-used-on-an-iphone-smartphone-as-a-sat-nav-to-plan-a-route-in-a-car-2APBB16.jpg

a-middle-2APBB3N.jpg

• Like 3

Something Māori and something tasty to round off my New Zealand contribution.

Raukawa marae, Ōtaki

2APJKG7.jpg

Corn fritters and bacon. mmm bacon.

2APJKG6.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2020 at 03:52, spacecadet said:

Quite a few of these still left in New Zealand- they don't rot!

2AMBHHG.jpg

looks like the Wairarapa... google business... it is the Wairapapa  (then i thought, should have just gone to image, SC probably KWed it...)

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

looks like the Wairarapa... google business... it is the Wairapapa  (then i thought, should have just gone to image, SC probably KWed it...)

Yes, Martinborough.

Sorry, you can't mouseover to see my captions because I copy the image from AIM. You can do that as soon as they upload- you don't have to wait for the update.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Yes, Martinborough.

Sorry, you can't mouseover to see my captions because I copy the image from AIM. You can do that as soon as they upload- you don't have to wait for the update.

you know i love the country,  so it's fun to play guessing games.   

• Like 1

Shot for an article about pedestrian safety  (wish I had taken the name "Paul" out....may re-upload).  This winter, for much of the eastern half of the U.S., has been very mild with very little snow, so shoots like this have been possible.

usa-maryland-bethesda-pedestrian-safety-woman-crossing-in-a-crosswalk-with-car-traffic-2ARD3Y7.jpg

usa-maryland-bethesda-pedestrian-safety-woman-crossing-in-a-crosswalk-with-car-traffic-2ARD3WY.jpg

• Like 2

First Nations flags installation, by Archie Moore, Sydney Airport

2ARHW46.jpg2ARHW33.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

It's interesting what you can find when looking through old film files from way back when. I totally forgot about this one

Crowsnest Pass Rodeo, 1982

Rodeo judge with a clipboard during a bull riding event at the Crowsnest Pass Rodeo, Alberta Canada. Circa 1982 Stock Photo

• Like 3

Red Beetle, the first driverless car to go on sale.

2ANKG61.jpg

• Like 1

Here are my only two images to meet this very difficult challenge.

Two sides of the economy.

DEAWPC.jpg

Lets Dance.

W53JFP.jpg

• Like 2

Ahhhhhhh, wrong post, should be in the monthly comp.

5 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Here are my only two images to meet this very difficult challenge.

Two sides of the economy.

DEAWPC.jpg

Lets Dance.

wrong thread, or maybe this is the Irony 

Will probably never sell but I like it. Was walking around with my camera at a Dia De Los Muertos street festival last November. This one of my favorite ways to capture images, often shooting from low with the screen tilted up. This young lady was one of the few that notice me shooting. 😊

a-young-couple-holds-hands-in-downtown-corpus-christi-texas-usa-during-the-2019-dia-de-los-muertos-celebration-2ARD30F.jpg

• Like 1

American football fans may recognize this man.  He is a TV sportscaster who covers pro football, James Brown (not the musician, of course).

USA James Brown sports announcer for CBS Television commentator on professional American football  pictured at Union Station in Washington DC Stock Photo

• Like 1

I've been hoping to find one of these elusive nudibranchs for many years. And lady luck came my way at the perfect time,  on the 40th anniversary of me learning to scuba dive.
donut-doto-doto-greenamyeri-feeding-on-hydroid-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2AR9KJ1.jpg

• Like 1

Such a fancy dress! I do enjoy your sea creatures.

Paulette

I stumbled across these apartments on holiday. The shadows give it a 3D look....

a-modern-apartment-block-painted-in-bold

• Like 2

Sikorsky SH-60R Seahawk, Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

Sikorsky SH-60R Seahawk pilot walking towards hanger after fly in to Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

United States Navy Sikorsky SH-60R Seahawk pilot hugging his fiancé who greeted him at a fly in to Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Stock Photo

United States Navy Sikorsky SH-60R Seahawk pilot hugging his fiancé who greeted him at a fly in to Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii, USA

I have been volunteering my time and talent (what little there is ) to photograph "fly ins", where returning Navy pilots fly in or back to base from the ship at the end of a deployment and are reunited with loved ones. I got permission from this couple to use their images for stock (not their selects but the left overs 😀).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

lambton-tank-loco-no-29-passing-philadel

Grain like golfballs, but a museum piece in action. No. 29 a 1904 Leeds built steam loco hauling an NCB coal train through the Durham coalfield in the mid 1960s. The engine survived and is now to be found at the North Yorks Moors Railway having  recently been brought back into service following a major overhaul.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2020 at 09:52, spacecadet said:

Quite a few of these still left in New Zealand- they don't rot!

2AMBHHG.jpg

My uncle had one, I remember him letting me drive it, lovely motor!

I think he's looking well.
Live news this afternoon.

Benidorm, Costa Blanca, Spain. 31st Jan, 2020. British actor Timothy Spall on location for the movie "It snows in Benidorm" Seen here on Levante Beach. Credit: Mick Flynn/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

• Like 1

Like Magnus Magnusson said at the end of Master Mind "I've started so I'll finish". Last one for January. See you next month.

Alan

2AT3A19.jpg

• Like 3