Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 15-July-2019 ; End: 15-July-2024 ;
Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

An image that went on sale 10 July and reported today. 

honolulu-healy-competing-in-the-red-bull-soapbox-race-2019-at-alexandra-park-london-uk-jumping-over-ramp-with-people-W2HEN5.jpg

This has been a pretty slow month for me, this being my first sale of the month, but this just came in over the weekend.  An IQ sale for multi-use editorial only, RF, US region.  Good $$$ too.

A low emissions UPS van or delivery truck that runs on natural gas in Montgomery Alabama, USA. Stock Photo

Rick

Personal use, $10 net. Oddly, the second personal use sale of this file, which IMO isn't an obvious candidate for PU - if someone worked there or it was someone's favourite shoe shop, they'd surely just take the pic themself:

Customers browsing footwear in a branch of Clarks shoe shop in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Frontage of shop with open door and shoe display Stock Photo

And although it's a PU, it's my highest value sale this month so far.

Tourists at a lake done by petrified waterfall, Hierve el Agua, Oaxaca, Mexico   - Image ID: RDH20T

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

RM sold for $.

I was glad to sell a photo taken last december for most of them stay unsold for years.

A lake done by , Petrified waterfall, Hierve el Agua, Oaxaca, Mexico Stock Photo

21 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Third sale of this image in the last couple of months. A grey squirrel stripping bark on a winter day. Mid $$, Media: Website, app and social media, UK.

acrobatic-grey-squirrel-sciurus-carolinensis-eating-bark-whilst-hanging-HAK6WM.jpg

Destructive little bugger, isn’t it? This looks like the squirrels we call fox squirrels in my part of the U.S. Our “gray” squirrels appear...well...gray. Not reddish.

I take that back. Searching shows ours look like this. Funny. I remember when I lived a year in Indiana years ago, the gray squirrels were soooo gray. Live and learn.

Betty

A while since I've seen a $$$ sale, so this one very welcome!  Amiens Dewailly Clock and Notre-Dame cathedral, France.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Marketing package - Large business ;  Start: 17-July-2019 ; End: 17-July-2024 ;    Additional Details: Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for large companies with more than 10 people." USA 

amiens-dewailly-clock-and-gothic-notre-d

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Destructive little bugger, isn’t it? This looks like the squirrels we call fox squirrels in my part of the U.S. Our “gray” squirrels appear...well...gray. Not reddish.

I take that back. Searching shows ours look like this. Funny. I remember when I lived a year in Indiana years ago, the gray squirrels were soooo gray. Live and learn.

Betty

It's certainly causing a lot of damage. I thought they were supposed to store nuts to eat in the winter, not strip bark off of trees!

I think the reddish colour is just on the face, and probably emphasised by the sunlight. After reading your comments, I checked I have grey and gray in my keywords i.e. English and American spellings, and I had already included both - always good to be reminded of this!

Gillian 

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

'Our' Grey squirrels are 'your' Grays, Betty. They were introduced here in Victorian times then multiplied incredibly and are causing our native Reds all sorts of problems.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/10705527/History-of-grey-squirrels-in-UK.html

Saint Columba. Detail of window. Church of Saint Michael. Bowness-on-Solway, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

saint-columba-detail-of-window-church-of-saint-michael-bowness-on-DNT1FY.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 17 July 2019
Duration: In perpetuity All rights, all media, worldwide, in perpetuity
$ 125.

17 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

'Our' Grey squirrels are 'your' Grays, Betty. They were introduced here in Victorian times then multiplied incredibly and are causing our native Reds all sorts of problems.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/10705527/History-of-grey-squirrels-in-UK.html

Amazing information I didn’t know.

That’s the way of the world. People travel, see something they like, and next thing their native flora or fauna is threatened. I think that’s how we got kudzu. Introduced it from Japan for erosion control and it’s taken over the south. When I have seen it choking and killing trees, it hurts my heart. We don’t have it where I live, but it could be a matter of time.

As far as “grey vs gray” goes...I never seem to know which to use. So I pick one and move on, even if it’s wrong! When I keyword a picture of my African Grey parrot, I usually use both spellings to cover searches by people like me, lol.

Betty

23 hours ago, VbFolly said:

It's certainly causing a lot of damage. I thought they were supposed to store nuts to eat in the winter, not strip bark off of trees!

I think the reddish colour is just on the face, and probably emphasised by the sunlight. After reading your comments, I checked I have grey and gray in my keywords i.e. English and American spellings, and I had already included both - always good to be reminded of this!

Gillian 

It's a strange time of year for them. Last years nuts have gone, and this years haven't come yet, so they resort to any food they can get, including tree bark.

We keep feeding the birds in our garden, even though the squirrels take most of the food! At least it stops them eating our trees!

John,

3 hours ago, Stokie said:

It's a strange time of year for them. Last years nuts have gone, and this years haven't come yet, so they resort to any food they can get, including tree bark.

We keep feeding the birds in our garden, even though the squirrels take most of the food! At least it stops them eating our trees!

John,

Interesting that you say that John. We feed the birds (& squirrels) too but that doesn't stop the Greys attacking our

trees. This year they ate the base of the leaves, leaving the rest to die/fall off.

T83DM4.jpg

15 minutes ago, Russell said:

Interesting that you say that John. We feed the birds (& squirrels) too but that doesn't stop the Greys attacking our

trees. This year the ate the base of the leaves, leaving the rest to die/fall off.

T83DM4.jpg

I see that your photo was taken in Fleet, Russell - so was my photo of the squirrel - at Fleet Pond. It seems that our local squirrels are particularly fond of destroying trees!

Assicurazioni Generali Palace, piazza venezia, rome, italy

RM for mid $$.

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)

Assicurazioni Generali Palace, piazza venezia, rome, italy Stock Photo

6 hours ago, VbFolly said:

I see that your photo was taken in Fleet, Russell - so was my photo of the squirrel - at Fleet Pond. It seems that our local squirrels are particularly fond of destroying trees!

I have pictures of one eating the brand new emerging leaf shoots in a tree.  Possibly some have severe memory problems and don’t remember where they buried their nuts.🤔

I know it I am supposed to put up only 1 image per day but I want to demonstrate that sometimes it pays to have similars, all 3 sold same day to the same buyer for the same $ fee

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 05 July 2019
End: 05 July 2024

A woman sitting on a man's shoulders while he is talking to another man on Broadway at NFL Draft 2019 Nashville Tennessee USA. Stock PhotoA woman sitting on a man's shoulders while he is talking to another man on Broadway at NFL Draft 2019 Nashville Tennessee USA. Stock PhotoA woman sitting on a man's shoulders while he is talking to another man on Broadway at NFL Draft 2019 Nashville Tennessee USA. Stock Photo

Archived