My "BHZ" image is stuck on a page but keeps moving about on that page so I believe that you are moved around in the rankings on a weekly or even daily basis automatically now depending on the performance of your port.

Allan

4 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

My "BHZ" image has been in the same spot on the same page for a long, long time now.

But I could be wrong, as I usually seem to be.

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

My "BHZ" image is stuck on a page but keeps moving about on that page so I believe that you are moved around in the rankings on a weekly or even daily basis automatically now depending on the performance of your port.

Allan

I would imagine that the whole thing is automated now with 24 hour database updates across the board? It would seem odd that when the software updates CTR, sales etc that those results don't go straight into the search algorithms at the same time. I'd assume that one the purposes of the changes to the systems of late would be to streamline the search process and that might be one of them.

22 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

Has Alamy stopped doing re-ranks? It seams it was a long time since the last one.

Rolf

Nearly as long since we last saw you here, Rolf! ;):D

Relating directly to BHZ, I have two images (for two of my three pseudos) which I only ever check when someone starts a thread such as this! My main pseudo image remains in exactly the same position as in May 2018 (page 4) and the other ('trash' pseudo) is within a very few places on page 13.  Including RF and viewing 100 images per page, these positions have changed minimally since July 2017.

I hadn't checked BHZ for several months, and I now don't recognize a lot of the images currently coming up in the search results (Relevant). My main pseudo appears to have been evicted from page three and now lives on page four. At one time, it was a happy resident of page one. But those days have passed...

P.S. 2nd and 3rd (weakest) pseudos are on pages 5 and 12 respectively. Don't think there has been much change there.

Never did see the point of re-ranks as they used to be.

You could spend lots of time keywording and captioning well and hopefully making sales to improve your rank and positioning to have months of work taken away in a re-rank. Much better to have ranking on a weekly or even daily basis.

2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Ignorant newby here - what on earth is a BHZ image?

Put BHZ as a supertag in one RM image for every pseudo you have.  Wait a day.  Search "BHZ" for relevant RM images (I use 120/page).

Find the page the image is on.  The higher, the better your rank.

My best pseudo remains on page 3, second pseudo on page 10, and my dregs pseudo is on page 12.  Has been for more than a year now.  Image position can move around a bit, but rarely more than a line difference.

3 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Put BHZ as a supertag in one RM image for every pseudo you have.  Wait a day.  Search "BHZ" for relevant RM images (I use 120/page).

My best pseudo remains on page 3, second pseudo on page 10, and my dregs pseudo is on page 12.  Has been for more than a year now.  Image position can move around a bit, but rarely more than a line difference.

Thanks the thread now makes sense.

3 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

Yes, slight! I'm still stuck on page 7.

Mine has moved down a couple of lines on page 8.

Annoying when I was on page two for a long time.

Allan

31 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Put BHZ as a supertag........

'Facepalm emoji'. Just checked mine and it's entered as a normal tag. Probably a hangover from the AIM change. Changing it will be an interesting test.

6 hours ago, Reimar said:

Just out of curiosity, does it have to be an RM image or could one choose an RF image? Would there be a difference in results? 

2 minutes ago, Kat said:

Just out of curiosity, does it have to be a RM image or could one choose a RF image? Would there be a difference in results? 

That would be very interesting. Someone with both RM and RF could experiment, but they'd need to be sure that BHZ was or was not a supertag in each.

28 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Me2! :(

I've just promoted BHZ to a supertag, so we'll see what happens next!

Me too. Trouble is, if some contributors have left theirs as normal while others have also upgraded BHZ to a supertag then the whole thing will be superfluous!

Archived