Post your positive results here :)

was this just the fee they'd have paid anyway? or was there an uplift for being naughty?

Managed to get another infringer to pay up. Only got them to pay via Alamy but I'm working on my own invoicing for the next time, as getting Alamy to chase images stolen from them gets me nowhere.

That makes 4 sales for August so far which is good for me for this point in a month.

Geoff.

Was just what they'd have had to pay anyway. In future though once I start invoicing myself, I'll add something to it.

Geoff.

Not sure if this applies to your example but remember under s27 of the contract Alamy reserve their right  to deal with direct infringements themselves. I think it would apply to ripped off watermarked versions but not third-party lifts.

Just had a book sale come through for a nice figure or around $90.

My only concern, and it's a big one, is that I had the same image licensed on the exact same day of July, and all the details match (but the start and end dates are one month on). I would expect that if I had a refund first and then a license adjustment. The amount is slightly different but that's likely just the exchange rate affecting it. The conditions are for one-time use though, so maybe they decided to print it twice? Or maybe the same company wants to use it in a different book too? I'd love to be able to get more information on our sales! :)

I wonder if anyone else has had a duplicate sale like this without first seeing a refund, and with no refund appearing soon after?

Geoff.

Mmmm, I've had exactly the same thing happen today. Same picture licensed on exactly the same date last month - amount this time (also c$90) for a couple of $ less. Can't see the license details yet, but it's not looking good - fingers crossed :)

That's interesting Kay, thanks for posting that. Was your sale for an "educational book" in the UK like mine was?

If you can see the sale in your sales report, you'll also be able to download that and see the license details (it opens like a spreadsheet).

Geoff.

Educational book but says worldwide rather than uk.  License exactly the same both times but one month later.  First time was 91.70 this time 89.56

Thanks for heads up about being able to download the details :)

I had one yesterday for 89.56

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book. Editorial print + digital use. Inside. One time use only. In context re-use permitted for life of title

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Start: 17 August 2016

End: 17 August 2031 

but mine is a first time purchase - wonder if a bigger deal was done and a bit of discount given? Or it could just be a second publication with some similar images, ie I have had student and teacher editions before, similar books but not exactly the same.

I just can't seem to get proper sales in.
Just got two sales recorded, one for $11 and one for $14. Both for 5 years license. *sighs*

I guess every sale is a good sale, but sometimes....

Just licensed an image for the 17th time of what was once the kids next door. Identical Thai twin sisters who were 6 years old at the time and will now be teenagers. Long since moved away sadly. My best earner by far and I never even left the house!

• 3 weeks later...

75 dollars sale for a microstock image. Happy about it.

??? You mean an image that is also for sale on microstock?  I wouldn't advertise that!

It is not a secret anyway. I dont have all images on Micro also. But this specific one yes and still selling it for good price is for me a positive thing. 

But anyways i know what you want to tell me..... :ph34r:

I've been chasing an infringement I mentioned in a Forum post last year.....an image used as a Christmas card which I discovered in a shop containing on the back the phrase,  "Courtesy of Alamy".  I can't find the original post but I'm very happy to report that this sale has appeared at last in Summary of Sales today for a reasonable fee :) 

Thanks for persevering Alamy!!

Archived