How was your March 2018?

10 hours ago, Foreign Export said:

good volume of sales, and zooms sky high

sale price average - low - probably my worst month ever for prices

I'm seeing more zooms too. Especially of the many zooms for one search variety.

Could it be we're seeing Blend clients having a look around? (Blend's going belly up it seems, unless that's a bad early April Fools joke.)

wim

About average for number of sales with 7 but above average for amount with $698.66 gross / $349.35 net.   High was $300 / 150, low $36.19 / 18.10.   No distributor sales.  I'm now somewhat ahead of last year at this time for net sales.

Views and zooms were both below average with 3735 /  19, which gave an average CTR of 0.51.

All in all, I'm happy with how this year has gone so far.

Robert

14 sales for a total of $538

Highest £149.00

Average $38.43

Average sales but above average for revenue.

No distributor sales.

Views way down but zooms picking up slightly.

1st. qtr 2017: 42 sales for $874

1st. qtr 2018: 35 sales for $1433

John.

5 hours ago, Stokie said:

1st. qtr 2017: 42 sales for $874

1st. qtr 2018: 35 sales for $1433

John.

I just did my first quarter comparison:

1st. qtr 2017: 52 sales for $2042

1st. qtr 2018: 51 sales for $1566

So total sales pretty constant but revenues taken a dive.

I also have 4000 extra images on sale compared to last year.

Also got more £ for the $ last year. 

40 minutes ago, lisah2006 said:

Sold nothing. Pretty discouraged and about to give up. Had a $8 sale two months ago and they gave me $2 from it for some reason. Seems like a ton of work for nothing. 

Don't be disheartened. It takes time for sales to build up. The book sales (which are typically more lucrative) can take ages (over a year) between the author choosing the pictures for a book to the book finally being published and the images being invoiced.

Mark

3 hours ago, andremichel said:

I just did my first quarter comparison:

1st. qtr 2017: 52 sales for $2042

1st. qtr 2018: 51 sales for $1566

So total sales pretty constant but revenues taken a dive.

I also have 4000 extra images on sale compared to last year.

Also got more £ for the $ last year. 

Maybe you also have to look at the sort of licenses for a good comparison. If last year it was all book covers and now they're all newspaper schemes that would make 2018 look very good.

As for the £ for the $ thing, be glad you're not getting Euros.

wim

I started in beginning of March and not had one sale, Ive not got a huge amount of images up yet, but it was still a lot of work to get them uploaded and I would have hoped for 1 sale, can anyone please look at my portfolio and let me know where you think im going wrong, thank you

14 hours ago, wiskerke said:

As for the £ for the $ thing, be glad you're not getting Euros.

wim

Tell me about it!  The $ to € exchange rate is horrendous on Alamy!

46 minutes ago, stevednp3 said:

I started in beginning of March and not had one sale, Ive not got a huge amount of images up yet, but it was still a lot of work to get them uploaded and I would have hoped for 1 sale, can anyone please look at my portfolio and let me know where you think im going wrong, thank you

Stephen, The first three images in your portfolio have the caption:  "Small Welsh village covered in snow..." Name of the village is

not in the caption. I can`t see the village name in your keywords/tags, either. You also have Russia as a tag for your "Welsh village"

Joe

42 minutes ago, stevednp3 said:

On Alamy it normally takes several months before the first sale is reported. You've only been doing it for 1 month.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

Stephen, The first three images in your portfolio have the caption:  "Small Welsh village covered in snow..." Name of the village is

not in the caption. I can`t see the village name in your keywords/tags, either. You also have Russia as a tag for your "Welsh village"

Joe

Thank you, I'll check the tags now

11 minutes ago, andremichel said:

On Alamy it normally takes several months before the first sale is reported. You've only been doing it for 1 month.

Thank you, yes I know ive only started, but 1 little sale would have given me more encouragement ha ha, ok so I need to be patient but do you think im going in the right direction with my uploads ?

On 02/04/2018 at 23:15, wiskerke said:

I'm seeing more zooms too. Especially of the many zooms for one search variety.

Could it be we're seeing Blend clients having a look around? (Blend's going belly up it seems, unless that's a bad early April Fools joke.)

wim

hadn't heard about Blend - yes mine are for one search variety too

9 minutes ago, stevednp3 said:

Thank you, yes I know ive only started, but 1 little sale would have given me more encouragement ha ha, ok so I need to be patient but do you think im going in the right direction with my uploads ?

The majority of images look good to me. You have far too many similar images of "Colourful Bokeh Shapes" which I must admit I don't understand where the market for them would be. Also too many images with 'locks'. Opinions vary on how many similars is too many, but I'd avoid including more than a handful of each subject.  

It is a lot of work and if your expectations are too high you will most likely be disappointed. 

11 minutes ago, stevednp3 said:

Maybe add some rights managed images. I'm not sure that background images do well on Alamy or for that matter microstock type images. I might be wrong though, I'm absolutely no expert.

Edit- andremichel beat me to it.

1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

Maybe add some rights managed images. I'm not sure that background images do well on Alamy or for that matter microstock type images. I might be wrong though, I'm absolutely no expert.

Edit- andremichel beat me to it.

Ciao Douglas, 

Do you think RF images are less profitable than RM images or are they likely to be sold at a higher price?

lorenza

49 minutes ago, lorenza said:

Ciao Douglas, 

Do you think RF images are less profitable than RM images or are they likely to be sold at a higher price?

lorenza

I don't know Lorenza, I have very few RF images in my portfolio.

Archived