Do You Snap Christmas and the Holidays?

Humbug! No . I do have a few decorated houses but I don't think they have even been zoomed let alone sold. Just came back from a supermarket where they were abusing my lug-holes with the worst versions of the old jingles.  They had a display of Famous Grouse 4.5 litre bottles @£70. Gross rather than grouse! Actually their 1 litre more manageable bottles @ £15 was a slightly better offer

Sold a photo of a house with Xmas decorations some (considerable) while ago.  Santa special steam trains do OK, particularly if snow involved - but I've arranged for that to be cancelled this year.

I don't upload family pics, but, looking at the papers, that kind of thing does sell well.

Anything sells, given time.  Why not shoot at Xmas?

10 minutes ago, losdemas said:

This one has sold a couple of times to the same magazine

father-christmas-waits-at-t5-heathrow-ai

I have sold one other Christmas image, which, like John, I am going to be mean with and not share! :P

At least your Santa is fully clothed.B)

Good shot BTW. We all know that this is how Santa really travels these days -- i.e. he has to put up with the same indignities as everyone else.

12 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

They're colorful, yes. And they're everywhere. Hard to ignore, right? 

But do they sell? I just checked, and I've never had a sale on a Christmas image. Thanks, Santa.

Edo

I've had two sell here.  One RF & one RM.  The problem I have this time of year is that everywhere you go there are Christmas decorations up.  It kind of dates your images for a specific month, doesn't it?  I took an image the other day from an interesting point of view and upon review saw all the subtle Christmas wreaths etc on the building.  I'll have to go back after the first of the year.  :-)  

Rick

On 12/6/2017 at 05:49, Ed Rooney said:

They're colorful, yes. And they're everywhere. Hard to ignore, right? 

But do they sell? I just checked, and I've never had a sale on a Christmas image. Thanks, Santa.

Edo

This one sold to Mens Health magazine. A mischievous Christmas elf doll plays on an office copy machine

a-mischievous-christmas-elf-doll-plays-o

http://www.mhealth.ru/life/leisure/ajtishutki-kak-podkolot-kollegu-s-pomoshchyu-kompyutera-ili-smartfona/

This one sold to The Telegraph. Christmas elf watches Holiday movies on TV

christmas-elf-watches-holiday-movies-on-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/christmas/2016/12/17/elf-shelf-cctv-kids-ruins-magic-christmas/

Archived