October Challenge :: Failure

Russell Watkins

Having made my way back to Yorkshire from wild West Wales, here's this month's challenge.

I don't think we've had the subject of "Failure" before so let's go with that. (If we have and I've missed it, please let me know. I'm prepared for the irony).

I'm thinking that it might be a mechanical failure, human failure, economic failure or something else entirely. Serious or humorous, major or trivial... you get the drift.

Please post up to three of your images. Closing date is midnight UK time on the 31st October.

Here's some not-particularly-startling examples from me:

a-wooden-garden-fence-blown-over-in-stor

the-driver-fixes-charlotte-the-charabanc

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Best of luck!

A truck spilled its potatoes load, Chiriqui Province, Panama

BHM2XB.jpg

Red Kangaroo (Macropus rufus) roadkill

red-kangaroo-macropus-rufus-roadkill-mun

Overturned road train on an Outback road, Australia

overturned-road-train-on-an-outback-road

21 hours ago, Russell Watkins said:

Having made my way back to Yorkshire from wild West Wales, here's this month's challenge.

I don't think we've had the subject of "Failure" before so let's go with that. (If we have and I've missed it, please let me know. I'm prepared for the irony).

I'm thinking that it might be a mechanical failure, human failure, economic failure or something else entirely. Serious or humorous, major or trivial... you get the drift.

Please post up to three of your images. Closing date is midnight UK time on the 31st October.

Here's some not-particularly-startling examples from me:

a-wooden-garden-fence-blown-over-in-stor

the-driver-fixes-charlotte-the-charabanc

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Best of luck!

I thought you were going to say you had arrived home to find your fence down and your car would not start.:D

Allan

Great choice Russell, really set me thinking! Anyway, three from me...

A gentleman signs his displeasure as the sign comes down following a recent business failure.

At least, I think that's what he was signing ... :D

a-workman-takes-exception-to-being-photo

Different business failure, with a very apt sign on the gates.

rover-longbridge-gate-k-out-at-the-rover

And finally, yet another broken fence.

edge-of-a-broken-fence-post-A5DAY7.jpg

Good subject of which I seem to have quite a few. My three picks below.

parking-accident-copsehill-road-lower-sl

Try nicking this one.

sign-of-the-times-cambridge-england-BPHR

All to familiar sight these days sadly.

homeless-person-asleep-on-the-street-cam

As is this.

Allan

Not an easy topic for me, but I'll put three up anyway.

a-mother-in-pyjamas-using-an-ipad-and-ignoring-her-crying-baby-EA522C.jpg

Parenting failure. My wife on her iPad ignoring our daughter screeching her head off. This was staged by the way. My wife was using her ipad and Abi was snoozing on her shoulder. When she woke up and started to cry my wife went to put the ipad aside, but I said 'no keep looking at it while I take a few shots'. As usual, when I have a brilliant stock idea that I know will sell by the thousand, it has never even been zoomed. 

bad-parking-in-berlin-G0XTN6.jpg

Parking failure. Top notch parking in Berlin.

terrible-bricklaying-no-lintel!-CB5K58.jpg

Future failure. Building in earthquake prone Bolivia with no lintel. I was tempted to give it a shove to see what would happen but then decided my holiday Spanish wouldn't have been good enough for the discussion with the workmen who were no doubt not far away. 

Colin

9 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Not an easy topic for me, but I'll put three up anyway.

a-mother-in-pyjamas-using-an-ipad-and-ignoring-her-crying-baby-EA522C.jpg

Parenting failure. My wife on her iPad ignoring our daughter screeching her head off. This was staged by the way. My wife was using her ipad and Abi was snoozing on her shoulder. When she woke up and started to cry my wife went to put the ipad aside, but I said 'no keep looking at it while I take a few shots'. As usual, when I have a brilliant stock idea that I know will sell by the thousand, it has never even been zoomed. 

Maybe it's just me but before I saw your caption I was saying "What is she doing with her hand?". It didn't occur to me that it was an iPad cover that I was seeing. I'm sure it's too late to reshoot. The precious baby is probably working for Apple now.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette. For me its obvious because I was there, but its true its not obvious its an ipad. That's the trouble with grab shots. I had time to take just a couple. I asked her to ignore the crying daughter for a few more minutes, but she just gave me a Look and it was back to his basket for Col. Abi is now 3

Young children bottle feeding lambs at Putlake Adventure Farm near Swanage in Dorset - Stock Image

3 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Thanks Paulette. For me its obvious because I was there, but its true its not obvious its an ipad. That's the trouble with grab shots. I had time to take just a couple. I asked her to ignore the crying daughter for a few more minutes, but she just gave me a Look and it was back to his basket for Col. Abi is now 3

Young children bottle feeding lambs at Putlake Adventure Farm near Swanage in Dorset - Stock Image

Awww. A girl after my own heart. Giving love to the animals.

Paulette

Archived