Favourite images uploaded in October 2017

Brasilnut

Farm art sculptures created from recycled farm materials. What is nice about it is that the idea started from draught stricken farmers in Queensland as a financial means to save their farm. It was so successful that it turned into a full blown yearly festival "Spirit of the Land", in Lockhart.

The kangaroo and its joey are actually made of a car body and gallon drums. The emu is made of corrugated sheets.

KD19YT.jpg

KD1A09.jpg

Spent last weekend in Kensington Market in Toronto:

The garden car

the-garden-car-parked-on-augusta-street-

Insect sculpture.  There were quite a few of these and they were amazing.

insect-sculpture-by-moses-kofi-along-agu

St Stehpens Church.  It looks so much like a watercolour instead of a photo.  The lighting was great.

church-of-st-stephen-in-the-field-at-col

Jill

2 hours ago, cbimages said:

One of my favourite underwater comedians. Sometimes they want to leave their burrows and have a wander around, often playing a game of "hide & seek" with a nearby diver.

peacock-mantis-shrimp-odontodactylus-scy

Amazing! Gorgeous.

14 minutes ago, Simon Evans said:

I'm blaming the wind for the wonky skyline on this one (It was live news after all :-) )

During Stormageddon last year in Oz, I couldn't even hold the camera steady in front of my face. Don't know how you managed.

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

During Stormageddon last year in Oz, I couldn't even hold the camera steady in front of my face. Don't know how you managed.

I was running from sheltered spot to sheltered spot between waves and using anything that I could to use as an arm/camera rest :-) I have more than a few blurred images where a gust of wind caught me off guard. The guy in the last photo is quite possibly an Alamy contributor, as there were images in the live news feed of the waves breaking over the sea wall from roughly the position that he is standing. I do have some close up photos of him getting soaked too :-)

Archived