Favourite images uploaded in October 2017

Brasilnut

This was one of my favorite photos from a trip to South Dakota a couple years ago.  We were there just after Labor Day and in early morning, so I was able to get a shot of the state flags with hardly anyone around.  Just a couple hours later when we were done looking around this area was packed with people.  deserted-walkway-of-state-flags-leading-

Sunsets are ten-a-penny, and after you've fiddled with them, they don't quite look like "the original". This one does, however, and is dedicated to my long-suffering wife, who, as I desperately tried to beat sundown and get to a favoured beach whilst stuck in traffic, pointed out an easier option. 

KC8M60.jpg

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

It passed QC and I was worried that with narrow DoF it might not have.

I dont think narrow DoF is an issue with QC. 

(Not uploaded this month, still one of my favorites) 

faces-of-the-terrace-of-the-leper-king-F

14 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Yes but that's my fault in choosing badly what to post. It was just an honest reaction.....I've made bigger mistakes!

Anyway, we are all kind of on the same team. or I like to feel so.:)

I'll also check on Stuttercock in a week or two :rolleyes:

There's still time to delete the image from your post. I've removed it from my quote.

Finally got some up this week. Nothing at all in September- too busy not being at home!

mmm cake

KCEYAF.jpg

.......and, er, you know, Riesling, Neumagen, Mosel

KCJ274.jpg

Vennbahn cycle path, St. Vith, Ostbelgien. German-speaking Belgium. Philippe recommended this place. Sound advice.

The building on the left is a sewage works but only we will ever know.

KCH0RA.jpg

Terrestrial Gartersnake, Arizona, USA

terrestrial-gartersnake-thamnophis-elegans-in-road-arizona-KD63C4.jpg

View from Kelly Grade, Smoky Mountain Road, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Utah, USA

scene-along-kelly-grade-on-smoky-mountain-road-grand-staircase-escalante-KCCWWD.jpg

Cottonwood Canyon from Cottonwood Road, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Utah, USA

cottonwood-creek-grand-staircase-escalante-national-monument-utah-KCEFJ2.jpg

Robert

Archived