Not so many Alamy photos in the Mail?

This may be a one off, and it's a while since I last scanned the Mail website, but I could only find 3 Alamy images tonight. Normally there is a bagful. Has there been a falling out, or is this just a blip?

I had noticed this as well when I had time to report in Found Images. Lots seemed from the big G. 

Those I found from Alamy tended to be on the same theme: for some reason, planes, chocolate, phones/laptops. This kind of things.

Seems to me that the Times and Sunday Times using a lot more Alamy images than they used to - swings & roundabouts

Kumar

PS as a retired medic, DM always meant Diabetes Mellitus.....

I had one used by the Daily Wail at the end of September. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3810970/Gwyneth-Paltrow-commemorates-44th-birthday-make-free-selfie.html

It's already been shared 1,500 times and I've seen it appear in blogs from Nigeria to Russia. 

All for the grand total of $ 4.76.

Feel the love, guys, feel the love. 

Seems to me that the Times and Sunday Times using a lot more Alamy images than they used to - swings & roundabouts

Kumar

PS as a retired medic, DM always meant Diabetes Mellitus.....

As an (retired) engineer, DM means Dodgy Motor.

Actually engineers never retire they just fade away.

Allan

I had one used by the Daily Wail at the end of September. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3810970/Gwyneth-Paltrow-commemorates-44th-birthday-make-free-selfie.html

It's already been shared 1,500 times and I've seen it appear in blogs from Nigeria to Russia. 

All for the grand total of $ 4.76.

Feel the love, guys, feel the love. 

My last sale was for $4.76. Must be DM too.

Not even peanuts.

Allan

This may be a one off, and it's a while since I last scanned the Mail website, but I could only find 3 Alamy images tonight. Normally there is a bagful. Has there been a falling out, or is this just a blip?

Maybe at last their unreported uses have been pointed out to them and they're in the huff. I wouldn't care too much. I totally despise their stance on just about everything; and as noted above, we get peanuts and the pics are disseminated widely almost immediately.

The pound has fallen at least 20%. I have Mail prices of about $5.60 before the fall and about $5.15 after. About 10%.

The payout commission is about 3% going by the xe.com rate- it's been pretty constant for me all year. Tomorrow's will be instructive though.

Still very few Alamy photos appearing in the DM, with an increased use of grotty Google stuff where there are better commercial photos available. Other agencies still represented as before, so I suspect a price war.

I had read somewhere that the Mail group were suffering from reduced advertising revenue, but I thought that applied to printed media.

Still very few Alamy photos appearing in the DM, with an increased use of grotty Google stuff where there are better commercial photos available. Other agencies still represented as before, so I suspect a price war.

I had read somewhere that the Mail group were suffering from reduced advertising revenue, but I thought that applied to printed media

If they are seeing reduced income in any part of the business it will have knock on effects elsewhere in the business and I guess that online was being underwritten by print, so that could be why sales and prices are down?

Maybe at last their unreported uses have been pointed out to them and they're in the huff. I wouldn't care too much. I totally despise their stance on just about everything; and as noted above, we get peanuts and the pics are disseminated widely almost immediately.

Totally agree, chased up an unreported use from 2012 recently and got peanuts, it was really not worth the effort. If we could block clients I would not hesitate to block this piece of hate filled garbage.

I get the impression that the Metro is following a similar route. I picked up a hard copy today (freebie) and there was an Alamy credited image (couldn't find it in the catalogue) in the paper, but the same story in the online edition uses another agency's shots. No Alamy images that I could see in the online version.

The Metro is a part of the Mail group.  Strangely, the Metro appears to provide a more balanced coverage than the parent paper, but there's not much serious news in it.

Maybe it was time for their deal with Alamy to be renegotiated and the new deal isn't so favourable. Could be they're putting pressure on by going elsewhere for the moment. No great loss except the bulk of my sales come from there. lol  ;)

This sort of decision by advertisers won't help their, or other tabloids', budget for photos:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lego-ends-advertising-daily-mail-stop-funding-hate-campaign-a7413361.html

their budget for photos is never going to be decent, they won't ever believe in paying photographers a fair price - I can only see this move by Lego (and other advertisers in the pipeline) as positive news. 

This sort of decision by advertisers won't help their, or other tabloids', budget for photos:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lego-ends-advertising-daily-mail-stop-funding-hate-campaign-a7413361.html

their budget for photos is never going to be decent, they won't ever believe in paying photographers a fair price - I can only see this move by Lego (and other advertisers in the pipeline) as positive news. 

Indeed!

Archived