First for me this year:

CAWKC9.jpg

CAWKC9

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Corporate website, single design
Image Size: Any size
Start: 08 January 2016
End: 08 January 2021

$ 35.00

At first blush I thought 2021 would be way more than five years LOL time really flies!

I really love this image. Woke up to an amazing sunset from my hotel window and rushed outside and across the street to capture it without a pane of glass in the way. 

My first sale of the year came in on the 8th. A book sale too.

Usage: Editorial

Media: Book, print and/or e-book

Print run: up to 500,000

Placement: Inside

Image Size: 1 page

Start: 08 January 2016

End: 08 January 2021

$300

Great start, now to keep the momentum going.

Allan

See, I told you it was a good omen.

drunken-dionysus-from-antakya-4c-ad-mosa

Usage: Commercial electronic, Use in slides/materials to support a presentation or talk - such as Powerpoint or Keynote.
Media: Commercial presentation, single design
Start: 05 January 2016
End: 05 January 2021

$10.27

First time I have seen an image used in a slide show.

My first sale of 2016 for $14 appeared on Saturday.

I've tracked down that image use to a specific web article, but I've also found that another UK organisation has reproduced it, along with my image and 4 others from Alamy. I've submitted an unauthorised use form to Alamy so hopefully my returns might double!  

Hmph, my first sale of 2016 was of a pint of Meantime Stout. Or slightly less than a pint, as I'd had a swig out of it.

A distributor sale, so with the prices at the Greenwich Old Brewery, I don't think I even made back the price of the pint.

But you have already had a benefit in kind, did you declare it to the taxman? ;) Presumably you enjoyed the rest of the pint after taking the photograph?.

3 sales so far this year in the first week or so, the cheapest being $74, RM and a couple of large RF sales, biggest being $360. Alamy for the last couple of months or so has been returning very good RF sales..... Not one for posting about sales but felt like saying..........Thank you very much Alamy! Keep it up please  :D

Hmph, my first sale of 2016 was of a pint of Meantime Stout. Or slightly less than a pint, as I'd had a swig out of it.

A distributor sale, so with the prices at the Greenwich Old Brewery, I don't think I even made back the price of the pint.

But you have already had a benefit in kind, did you declare it to the taxman? ;) Presumably you enjoyed the rest of the pint after taking the photograph?.

Yes.... make sure to claim the expense for what it was...a business expense. Those slimeballs in Parliament would.

My first sale for the year appeared 11 January, magazine/editorial for $35.  Now if only the Daily Mail would pay up for an image reported in June last year (published April), I'd have minimum payment for the month sewn up already

Yay! First sale yesterday from a zoom from last month, only $28.77 but its a start

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book, editorial print + digital use, front cover, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 13 January 2016
End: 13 January 2041

Yay! First sale yesterday from a zoom from last month, only $28.77 but its a start

Usage: iQ sale: Educational book, editorial print + digital use, front cover, one time use only

At those prices for a cover shot, :( must be a UK publisher. 

At those prices for a cover shot, :( must be a UK publisher. 

& the length of licence! :-(

It's a start I guess and it's better than one from The Guardian in Sept for $9 that still hasn't cleared

Hi All

First sale for me on the 11th 2 images for $7 not a vast sum but they were taken on my property while I was having a delivery of heating oil so didn't have to go far to shoot them.

Jon

I also had two for $3.60 each, same day, same subject.  Someone got a bargain at our expense I think.  Luckily not my only sales this month.

Pearl

Archived