you're lucky, my last email took 5 days....and then my next batch failed....another 28 days in the clink...is it really that necessary to ban people for that long,,,better to tell me what is unacceptable (so that I can improve) than to `punish' me...not sure Alamy is worth the hassle....very few sales anyway...ok moan over :D:P:(:angry:B):ph34r:

you're lucky, my last email took 5 days....and then my next batch failed....another 28 days in the clink...is it really that necessary to ban people for that long,,,better to tell me what is unacceptable (so that I can improve) than to `punish' me...not sure Alamy is worth the hassle....

Alamy is not a place to learn it is a place to sell images that buyers can be sure are up to a certain standard. If an image fails QC it would have let us all down if it had slipped through and then been purchased, by a subsequently unhappy customer.

Would you be happy to supply a substandard image direct to a client. I am guessing you would not.

you're lucky, my last email took 5 days....and then my next batch failed....another 28 days in the clink...is it really that necessary to ban people for that long,,,better to tell me what is unacceptable (so that I can improve) than to `punish' me...not sure Alamy is worth the hassle....

Alamy is not a place to learn it is a place to sell images that buyers can be sure are up to a certain standard. If an image fails QC it would have let us all down if it had slipped through and then been purchased, by a subsequently unhappy customer.

Would you be happy to supply a substandard image direct to a client. I am guessing you would not.

I wholly agree...but I had done my pre upload checks and was happy with the result....but now I won't know what is wrong for another month. If I have missed something, then it would be good not to replicate the error? What would be wrong in releasing the 'failed' notice and still disabling uploads (if that is the best way forward)?

Just had a batch passed QC that was uploaded on Thursday evening (9 April).  A few weeks back I'd have thought that fast but my most recent 15 uploads have been through in 24-36 hours.  Looks like the current technical work is interfering with QC timings / order.

Had an email back from customer service today and he admitted that the Track Submissions page has fallen off the rails AND that QC is still backed up from Easter for some of us. I was quite surprised to hear about the QC situation because I had been pleasantly surprised for the last few weeks when uploads were zooming through QC in 24-48 hours. Ah well -- hope they get it sorted soon.

Archived