Post your positive results here :)

I have just surpassed a year too, but not last year.

The last sale just put the number of sales equal to 2013 and past 2014 by 17.

But short by 18 of the 220# of 2015.

-This is today's arithmetic quiz. ;-)

Revenue wise,

I just surpassed 2014 by $2; am $99 short for 2013 and $2666 under 2015's total.

Still both very good results, that I'm totally crediting Alamy Sales Team for!

On all financial products in Holland we have a warning that's obligatory, like the health warnings on cigarettes.

In Dutch it reads: In het verleden behaalde resultaten bieden geen garantie voor de toekomst.

Which translates in: Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.

Like a famous American philosopher said: It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

wim

I'm pretty sure The Donald already has said "I never said most of the things I said " a couple of times.

And I'm waiting for Hillary to quote: "And Half the lies they tell about me aren't true ".

;-)

And for all of us, including the thread about how is/was your July: "It ain't over till it's over ".

wim

America could do with a bit of Yogi Berra's Zen-like wisdom right about now.

Indeed . . . and there's a strangely appropriate juxtaposition between Y. B.'s circumstances and a certain POTUS candidate:

Yogi Berra was born of Italian parents, both of whom were still declared as "aliens" well after Yogi was born. He was what was/is known as a "birthright US citizen", courtesy of the 14th Amendment to the US constitution, a route to citizenship that a certain POTUS candidate (and the party he sort of represents) currently seek to remove.

Back OT, business ticking over steadily :-)

dd

Also just had my first PU sale (which, for those aware of the current discussions regarding PU sales, APPEARS most likely legitimate).

Also that was my first Saturday sale.

Still chasing a certain UK newspaper after being promised a sale several times now, both to me directly and via Alamy, and another UK newspaper has also let me down again. Ever feel like you're being laughed at?

Geoff.

I know this is slightly off topic but I also had a PU sale yesterday (Saturday) at $4 cheaper than a PU sale two days earlier. I am not aware that there has been a price drop for PU in that time.  I'm just curious to know how much you got for yours.  PM me if you prefer.

Mine is most unlikely to be legitimate given the subject matter.

I know this is slightly off topic but I also had a PU sale yesterday (Saturday) at $4 cheaper than a PU sale two days earlier. I am not aware that there has been a price drop for PU in that time.  I'm just curious to know how much you got for yours.  PM me if you prefer.

It sold for $14.99, which considering the conversion is actually slightly more than the current standard PU price in the UK of £9.99. It was sold in the US though. I'm not sure if $14.99 is the price US clients see? I thought I read that it was now $9.99. Maybe they changed the specifics of the use - I'll look again at the sale details.

[Edit] Doesn't look like they changed anything from the defaults. [/edit]

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff.  That's more than mine sold for yesterday but less than Thursday's sale.  I just wondered if there had been a bulk deal going on but it seems not.

Pearl

It sold for $14.99, which considering the conversion is actually slightly more than the current standard PU price in the UK of £9.99. It was sold in the US though. I'm not sure if $14.99 is the price US clients see? I thought I read that it was now $9.99. Maybe they changed the specifics of the use - I'll look again at the sale details.

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff.  That's more than mine sold for yesterday but less than Thursday's sale.  I just wondered if there had been a bulk deal going on but it seems not.

Pearl

A bulk deal on PU would be the best proof of PU sales abuse. It's already hard to believe that the examples shown by Philippe and others are real PU sales, but I refuse to believe that anyone would buy so many real PU images to deserve a bulk deal.

Christoph

Geoff.

Pearl

A bulk deal on PU would be the best proof of PU sales abuse. It's already hard to believe that the examples shown by Philippe and others are real PU sales, but I refuse to believe that anyone would buy so many real PU images to deserve a bulk deal.

Christoph

I doubt if they do bulk deals on personal use - but they certainly give discounts.

I queried a $7.49 sale back in April and was told by MS that it was because of customers who got promo codes as part of a marketing campaign. I've since noticed a few other discounts for differing amounts. Also remember that, whilst a US sale is invariably $14.99, UK sales now come in at around $12.80 (because of the exchange rate).

Ian D

this used to be such a positive thread :ph34r: 

dd

:D

Too sweet . . .

dd

I'll try to steer things back in a more upbeat direction. My first August sale showed up today for $150. Not a bad start to the month.

Nice John, still looking for my first for August  :(

Thanks. Hold tight. They will come. This same client licensed another image for $75. A late start is better than no start...

I'll try to steer things back in a more upbeat direction. My first August sale showed up today for $150. Not a bad start to the month.

Nice John, still looking for my first for August  :(

Thanks. Hold tight. They will come. This same client licensed another image for $75. A late start is better than no start...

It does seem that most months start slowly and then end well.

Three German distributor sales this morning has now taken my gross earnings over my total for the whole of last year.  Average revenue per sale is down a bit so, at 62 sales so far this year as opposed to 52 for the whole of last year, I'm quite a way ahead on numbers.  All looking positive, though.

Archived