As it is the first time I have done this, will DACS only accept claims for the year 2013 and not previous years?

To the best of my knowledge you only claim for 2013 this year. 2014 next year and so on.

Allan

My appologies to Richard and everyone else. I misunderstood/misread the small /large print in DACS conditions/advice as mentioned in NY Cats post. :wacko:

Allan

Finding usage? Alamy sales reports say if it's in a book or not. The bands for numbers of books sales are pretty wide, (0-50, 50-100, 100-300 or something) so you don't have to know exact numbers. If you are one or two short of the next band I'd claim for that - you're bound to have a couple of unreported sales out there somewhere.

As for income, I usually regard it as a thirteenth month - in recent years it has been a bit above my Alamy monthly average.

And in previous years the numbers have included ALL sales in the past, up to the date claimed - those books are all still out there in libraries and available to be photocopied. Please let me know if this has changed this year - I haven't been online to do the form yet this year. The email says I have 192 sales - is that just new ones since the last claim? I've had a lot more than that since I started.

As Alamy doesn't tell us teh publishers data, how are you able to find out the ISBN, ISSN, newspaper's name and, above all, know exactly if a photo used for the website's paper has been also used for the printed version?

Could some kind person explain how to create a .csv file please. Thanks

So I am not the only one who doesn't know, someone please tell Mike, then I can take a little peek! :)

On your 'My Alamy' page click the 'Build a download sales report' button and build a report as others have explained.  Once its done, click the 'Download' button on the right hand side of the screen.  This will prompt you for a location to save a .csv file on your computer.  Once its downloaded it can be viewed and edited in Notebook or Excel.

Steve

As Alamy doesn't tell us teh publishers data, how are you able to find out the ISBN, ISSN, newspaper's name and, above all, know exactly if a photo used for the website's paper has been also used for the printed version?

Read the blog entry.

This is a great service for contributors from outside the UK.

Thank you Alamy!

Please set up an equivalent for copyright infringements of images licensed by Alamy.

Wim Wiskerke

From there you can work out what are books and magazines published in uk. Remove everything else.

Kevin

This is what I don't get.  Most of my sales are RF.  There doesn't appear to be any info on which to make this determination.  Surely RF are not excluded?

Also, can I just put PayPal as my "bank"?

Alamy says the following in the e-mail that they sent out:

"As you're outside the UK DACS encourage you to claim via the collecting society in your country of residence as DACS distribute Payback royalties to those  societies each year."

Does anyone know how to find out what "the collection society" in one's country (Canada in my case) might be? All this is new and confusing to me. 

Thanks/Merci

"As you're outside the UK DACS encourage you to claim via the collecting society in your country of residence as DACS distribute Payback royalties to those  societies each year."

Does anyone know how to find out what "the collection society" in one's country (Canada in my case) might be? All this is new and confusing to me. 

Thanks/Merci

Try googling "Canada collection society"

Allan

Thanks/Merci

I sent an email to DACS asking about the USA. No reply yet but it has been only a few hours. You might want to try that for Canada.

Paulette

Thanks/Merci

Allan

Wikipedia provides a long and bewildering list of such societies around the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_copyright_collection_societies

Think I might just let Alamy do the work for me. They say I have 33 possible claims, so it certainly sounds worthwhile.

Me too!

Alamy says that I have 8 claims... So without their notice I wouldn't even know that this is possible....

I am from Croatia and to find and egotiatie with croatian "collecting society" is quite complicated to me...

Thanks/Merci

Allan

Wikipedia provides a long and bewildering list of such societies around the world:

Think I might just let Alamy do the work for me. They say I have 33 possible claims, so it certainly sounds worthwhile.

John try these people first.  www.carcc.ca

You could save giving 50% of your earnings away to Alamy.

Allan

Thanks/Merci

Allan

John try these people first.  www.carcc.ca

You could save giving 50% of your earnings away to Alamy.

Allan

Thanks, Allan. Why do you recommend this outfit?

Read the blog entry.

What blog entry?

Four pages of comments from the email this morning makes me feel good about my decision....my thoughts....I'm glad Alamy decided to take this up on our behalf (being a "foreign" photographer outside the UK) because I don't understand the whole thing, I'd rather be out making images, and I'd rather let someone else deal with the headaches LOL

THANK YOU ALAMY - looking forward to getting that extra cash :)

Archived