• 4 weeks later...

DACS seems to readily accept Alamy's spreadsheet, but doesn't believe their direct e-mail to me stating I have 94 eligible licenses.

So they won't accept 26-75 books and magazines.  In my experience, sales are fairly evenly divided between books and magazines, or about 47 each.  Instead they insist on the 7-25 and 4-25 ranges.  Most of my sales are RF, so my spreadsheet has lower numbers with "detailed" information.

So after all this, I'm left wondering whether 100% of the 4-25 range will be better than 50% of the 26-75 range since Alamy will no doubt be able to give "detailed" information to DACS (but not me).

Does anyone know?

I am wondering if others that are in US can help me. I filled out DACS paperwork and now to not get the double taxation there is another form. This is the HM revenue form and after printing and filling it out I am instructed by it to send it to the Internal Revenue Office in US. This requires me to pay a flat fee of 85 USD and will take 45 days for them to certify that I am, in fact, a resident of the US. Crazy.

Is this your experience as well. 

Thus, as an example, if I were to get 400 USD via DACS and paid 20% of it to the UK it would still be less than the fee of 85 USD to simply say I live in the US which has never been in question.

This is senseless. By the way, the time I spend on the form which is nearly 20 pages is not included in my ire or estimation.
If you have a different calculation or information I would be very interested.

Thanks

Very interesting. I haven't tried that. I decided to just let the 20% come out this year and deal with tax situation next year if it seemed to be worth it. Perhaps either leaving it to next year or letting Alamy do it is the best thing? It depends a lot on how much you can expect from DACS. At some point it might be worth it. It is a one time fee I assume.

Paulette

This is senseless. By the way, the time I spend on the form which is nearly 20 pages is not included in my ire or estimation.

If you have a different calculation or information I would be very interested.

Thanks

This is pretty much how many of us have felt about the IRS and the requirement for us to get ITINs which have often proved very difficult to obtain. Cuts both ways with withholding taxes I'm afraid.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi guys, just wondering is there any point in applying for this if there is just 1 licence that I can apply for? Received an email indicating such recently..'

Are you sure you can't find any other uses yourself? I found I could nearly match Alamy's quoted number from my own research and the 'Have you found...' threads.

Archived