Did mine this morning - it only took 20 minutes.

1] Download sales from Alamy for 2103 in xl spreadsheet

2] fish out any 'foreign' or newspaper sales 

3] log on to DACS and fill in form

4] email DACS with spreadsheet

Job's a good un!!

John.

I don't bother doing number 2 John, and still include sales for earlier years. DACS is earning from this so let them do the work.

Allan

Allan,

Yes, perhaps I ought to let them do it but it only took a few seconds to whittle them down! I also include previous sales. I just appended the 2013 year's sales onto the 2012 spreadsheet, then renamed it.

John.

. DACS is earning from this so let them do the work.

Allan

DACS is a non-profit company. They only cover their costs and pay their salaries.

That makes sense -- it is a "society" rather than a company. Thanks for telling us.

In reviewing my sales for the last twelve months I see five where United Kingdom is listed as the country of use, but many many more showing "Worldwide."  For purposes of the DACS claim, do we consider "worldwide" as also being considered UK uses?

In reviewing my sales for the last twelve months I see five where United Kingdom is listed as the country of use, but many many more showing "Worldwide."  For purposes of the DACS claim, do we consider "worldwide" as also being considered UK uses?

The sales apparently have to be Worldwide(License Details)-UK (Region) in order to qualify. Scroll all the way to the far right of your sales report to the "Region" column. If it says UK, then everything is OK. I suppose this means that the image was published in the UK and then distributed worldwide. Same holds true for World English Language-UK. If a lease is Worldwide, but it is identified as the US or somewhere other than the UK in the "Region" column, then you can't claim it. This is my understanding anyway.

The sales apparently have to be Worldwide(License Details)-UK (Region) in order to qualify. Scroll all the way to the far right of your sales report to the "Region" column. If it says UK, then everything is OK. I suppose this means that the image was published in the UK and then distributed worldwide. Same holds true for World English Language-UK. If a lease is Worldwide, but it is identified as the US or somewhere other than the UK in the "Region" column, then you can't claim it. This is my understanding anyway.

I think Worldwide must count even if the region doesn't say UK. Alamy says I have a claim but all of my sales with UK as the region are newspapers and websites. None of the books say UK. So maybe I don't qualify but Alamy seems to think I do so I am going with the idea that Worldwide means the book might be in a library in the UK.

Paulette

I think Worldwide must count even if the region doesn't say UK. Alamy says I have a claim but all of my sales with UK as the region are newspapers and websites. None of the books say UK. So maybe I don't qualify but Alamy seems to think I do so I am going with the idea that Worldwide means the book might be in a library in the UK.

Paulette

I would have at least a couple of hundred eligible licenses if that were the case, Paulette. 

As it is, Alamy told me that I have 33, and I've found 39 on my own.

Throwing up my hands in confusion. I'm going to go ahead with my application since there must be something in my sales that Alamy thinks will qualify me. I think I won't trouble to get the tax relief this year in case I am turned down. As they say -- whatever.

Paulette

Throwing up my hands in confusion. I'm going to go ahead with my application since there must be something in my sales that Alamy thinks will qualify me. I think I won't trouble to get the tax relief this year in case I am turned down. As they say -- whatever.

Paulette

I think it's really not all that confusing, Paulette. If you have any book or magazine licenses that mention any of the following details and region, you can claim them:

UK

Worldwide / UK

World English Language / UK

Just eliminate everything else.

. DACS is earning from this so let them do the work.

Allan

DACS is a non-profit company. They only cover their costs and pay their salaries.

I know DACS is a non-profit society. But to cover costs/wages etc they have to be earning from the business.

I am earning from my association with Alamy but am not making a profit, yet. ;)

And I do not give out red arrows thank you very much. I'm not saying you gave me the red arrow spacecadet.

Allan

Paulette

I think it's really not all that confusing, Paulette. If you have any book or magazine licenses that mention any of the following details and region, you can claim them:

UK

Worldwide / UK

World English Language / UK

Just eliminate everything else.

Alamy says I can claim. According to your requirements I cannot. Confusing to me but I don't have a lot of book sales at this point so probably not a lot of $$$ no matter what happens. I can only try.

Paulette

I thought I knew how do download a csv file of my sales sheet, but I can't seem to find any widget!  Can anyone please advise??? :unsure:

Above the graph on your My Alamy page.

Paulette

I thought I knew how do download a csv file of my sales sheet, but I can't seem to find any widget!  Can anyone please advise??? :unsure:

Above the graph on your My Alamy page.

Paulette

...........in the box where it says " build a downloadable sales report"

John.

I did hear back from DACS about collecting societies in the USA. I've just gone ahead and done it through DACS since that seems to be possible for us.

"With regards to Collecting Societies in the United States, you might like to register with the Artists Rights Society (ARS) who can be found at http://www.arsny.com/ or the Visual Artists and Galleries Association (VAGA) who can be found at: http://vagarights.com/, who might be able to put a claim through on your behalf."

Paulette

Thanks John. I was hoping to get the other sales sheet with details of what the sales were for...

You use the same box. Once you go to the page it will have boxes "from" and "to". If you put in 01/01/13 to 31/12/13 then change the "date paid" box to "date of invoice" that will list all your sales for 2013.

If you then click on the "download" box you will have a .csv file with uses and where they were sold etc.

Hope that helps.

John.

I did hear back from DACS about collecting societies in the USA. I've just gone ahead and done it through DACS since that seems to be possible for us.

"With regards to Collecting Societies in the United States, you might like to register with the Artists Rights Society (ARS) who can be found at http://www.arsny.com/ or the Visual Artists and Galleries Association (VAGA) who can be found at: http://vagarights.com/, who might be able to put a claim through on your behalf."

Paulette

There's a list of all the sister societies of DACs, for a number of countries, on the DACs site (inc above).

Someone should set up a business to manage DACS claims

I'll submit DACS claims for anyone for a cut of 25%! :D

But they would have to find the information for me ;)  :wacko:  :D  

Archived