Dread the Re-rank. I seem to be heading down and not much further to go before I fall off the radar.

Allan

Dread the Re-rank. I seem to be heading down and not much further to go before I fall off the radar.

Allan

For once I am pretty relaxed - with my previous CTR (and indeed my current value) I don't think I can fall any further. At least since the last rerank I have had more sales (number and cash) than in whole of previous year.

See what happens this time round. If I gain ground GREAT, if not I may drop all my images into a new pseudo and start again at middle ranking.

Allan

^^Aah: thank you both.  We all have our bugbears, I s'pose, but the 'commish' cut is the least of my problems...down here in the gutter!

As for re-rank: the last round saw my BHZ image jump 8 pages (page 16 > page 8 - the first rise ever) which coincided with a dramatic drop in zooms and a fall-off in sales!  I quickly dropped out of the BHZ game, and - were I still in it - would be hoping for a fall back to where I was!

I don't know that there has been a re-rank but I notice today my test images are one page further up than when I last checked, a few weeks ago. It would be bizarre if I had improved my rank because since the last re-rank I have had no sales at all and a CTR which has fallen consistently below the Alamy average. Like losdemas, I can't help but wonder if I would be better off back among the also-rans.

It would be bizarre if I had improved my rank because since the last re-rank I have had no sales at all and a CTR which has fallen consistently below the Alamy average. Like losdemas, I can't help but wonder if I would be better off back among the also-rans.

Yes, you would. At the last re-rank mine improved significantly and ever since then I've had the most abysmal performance in my 8 years with Alamy.

On the old forum it used to be said that rank was calculated on historical data, not including the most recent period (though I can't remember the actual figures), so your performance since the last re-rank would not be taken into consideration until the next one, and then it would be averaged out over a longer period anyway.

Alan

Still in the same position as when I last checked so possibly has not been done yet. I fully expect to move down the ranking when it is.

Allan

I think you're holding your position, Allan.  I'm a half page lower on page 2 than I was about a month ago . . . and that's only part of the dark story.   :unsure:

Hmmm! If that is the case it is time for a rethink on alternative pseudos methinks.

Allan

I think you're holding your position, Allan.  I'm a half page lower on page 2 than I was about a month ago . . . and that's only part of the dark story.   :unsure:

Will we have to wait for the book or movie before we hear the whole story? B)

:) You can gets bits and parts from my blog, John. The link is there under Edo. And at this time the whole story has not been played out.  :mellow:

That's good to hear. Very nice iconic Seattle Public market and ferry shot BTW. 

Have you thought of linking to your Alamy photos from your blog?

There is still plenty of wild salmon available -- for the time being anyway -- here in Vancouver (yet another West Coast hip city).

:) You can gets bits and parts from my blog, John. The link is there under Edo. And at this time the whole story has not been played out.  :mellow:

Nice blog entry Ed. The word "like" is a word I have come to "dislike" because of its over use. Walk around town here and every couple of teenage girls you pass, all you hear is the word "like". Every generation has its "word". Anyone remember the word "gear" from the 60's? Made popular in England by the Beatles I believe.

I seem to have pulled another post off topic. Sorry. The Italians use allora (then) as their "like." It's a way to keep control of the conversation. ;) 

I'll have to see about linking my blog to Alamy, John; I do try to use my Alamy images as illustrations, with the Alamy watermark visible. 

Nice blog entry Ed. The word "like" is a word I have come to "dislike" because of its over use. Walk around town here and every couple of teenage girls you pass, all you hear is the word "like". Every generation has its "word". Anyone remember the word "gear" from the 60's? Made popular in England by the Beatles I believe.

It was like, "Ghia", like. Used in much the same way as "awesome" is now.

• 3 months later...

Archived