Mobile phone camera

I do wonder if this is a subject that Alamy should be revisiting. Cameras on phones have come a long way in the last 4 or 5 years and other agencies do accept them. There is the Alamy owned app for submitting mobile phone images that we are not meant to mention here.. but I feel images submitted via that route are at a disadvantage compared to images upload to Alamy normally.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I do wonder if this is a subject that Alamy should be revisiting. Cameras on phones have come a long way in the last 4 or 5 years and other agencies do accept them. There is the Alamy owned app for submitting mobile phone images that we are not meant to mention here.. but I feel images submitted via that route are at a disadvantage compared to images upload to Alamy normally.

Have to agree with you there Matt, even if it meant that all 'phone images submitted had to be QC checked ... I have a couple images that I feel could do well but only had a phone to hand ... maybe time to invest in a little Sony if not !

It's worth a punt. I started a couple of years ago. As an existing contributor you get 50% of licence. Instant access to News, although normal uploads can take time to get accepted - they are all checked. I've got a couple that are on 3 weeks since upload waiting. (I also have a little Sony)

I do find the waiting time for acceptance annoying and I hate doing the keywording on my phone. Never learned the thumbs method I see people using and you have to keep doing them one by one.

Paulette

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I do find the waiting time for acceptance annoying and I hate doing the keywording on my phone. Never learned the thumbs method I see people using and you have to keep doing them one by one.

Paulette

Agreed - user friendly it ain't !

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 12:25, NYCat said:

Paulette

Have you thought of using a small foldable bluetooth keyboard?  Or even a larger one when at home.

43 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Have you thought of using a small foldable bluetooth keyboard?  Or even a larger one when at home.

For 7.99 you cannot go wrong. Not foldable though.

The smallest ones are smaller than a modern phone.

wim

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Normspics said:

Video clips  from iPhone 14 are being accepted elsewhere for stock b-roll.

And from iPhone 11

And what's more, you can even buy them on Alamy... https://www.alamy.com/video/cavapoo-dog-in-the-garden-495669736.html?videoid=6A66D462-1146-4386-9B99-628059BBBDF8&p=1699148&pn=1&searchId=ed9a1f21550791ea99f5f9ea3efe907b&searchtype=13  🙂

Edited by Matt Ashmore

22 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Nice!

21 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Nice idea. Small would not do. It's the small on the phone that drives me crazy. I'm going to have to get up my courage to buy the newest iPhone and with that camera I might take better iPhone photos than I manage now. That could make it appealing to take S......mo seriously.

Paulette

• 2 weeks later...

Mine stopped working mid keywording last week. Deleted and reinstalled several times. Just loads the flashscreen and then quits. Noticed during downloading the app  hasnt been revised for 5 years. Not looking good. Waiting for Xmas break before pursuing anything.

On 27/12/2023 at 14:16, Tony ALS said:

The month old image has just been accepted🤷🏻‍♂️

I have one that is more than a month old that is still waiting to be cleared. Perhaps it is just backed up because of Christmas downtime?