Having been in the stock industry as a photographer,sales rep and agency owner,I think you are making a big mistake by removing images.

Have RM images here and if you want to go exclusive with another agency(dread I say,micro) then upload to RF with them.

You do not have to remove RM images to be exclusive with a micro agency.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

L

Having been in the stock industry as a photographer,sales rep and agency owner,I think you are making a big mistake by removing images.

Have RM images here and if you want to go exclusive with another agency(dread I say,micro) then upload to RF with them.

L

I tend to agree. If it isn't totally necessary to remove the images, then I would leave them on Alamy. Five thousand RM images can conceivably generate a decent income over the years. Also, IME you need to leave RM images with an agency for at least a year before you can judge whether or not it is a viable proposition. Unlike the microstock/RF world, the RM world is based more on longevity than on instant gratification.

Not meaning to sound judgmental  Just sayin'...

L

I tend to agree. If it isn't totally necessary to remove the images, then I would leave them on Alamy. Five thousand RM images can conceivably generate a decent income over the years. Also, IME you need to leave RM images with an agency for at least a year before you can judge whether or not it is a viable proposition. Unlike the microstock/RF world, the RM world is based more on longevity than on instant gratification.

Not meaning to sound judgmental  Just sayin'...

Very true.... Micro for me is a good earner and consistently generates an income that increases each month but it is RM that is my long term goal. RM was up and down a lot last year for me (just starting out) and the separate micro port helps even things out and will help establish a minimum income. This in turn will give me the time to work on more creative projects later on that could potentially generate larger RM income. I think two ports would be a good way forward.

Anyway, I wish Mirco all the best for the future!!

Hope you are doing the right thing, it seems like one hell of a lot of work to firstly upload 5000+ images and then to delete them again. I would simply upload new images to your exclusive library and keep the Alamy ones here earning a steady income.  Good luck whatever you do anyway !

Thanks for the nice replies..... :)

I will try to explain. My point is that i am photographing many Polish subjects. I just look at views and zooms for example. Last week i made indoor photos of a shopping mall in Poland. I upload them to the agency where i will go exclusive with and i allready have several sales from this shoot. This are Editorial RF licences. I have more Polish sales there then Polish views here. So after 1 month seeing this difference i really feel that the images here should be there. It is not allowed in my case to have both. I think i am missing many sales. It is not fault of Alamy because it is a great source for many other photographers. But in my case.....maybe because i life in Poland the other agency fits me better.

Also in Poland economy is far different then for example in the UK. 100 dollars for UK feels for Polish like 350 dollars.

This is my only reason.

Also in Poland economy is far different then for example in the UK. 100 dollars for UK feels for Polish like 350 dollars.

Try to live in Warsaw :P

If it's not a secret, can you tell which polish agency is better than Al? Haven't heard of any... (besides Alamy's partners in PL and Forum ag.).

This is a shame, we will miss you. I hope whatever you have decided works out, if it doesn't or if you have second thoughts, you're always welcomed back here.

Maybe, you will be back one day?

I wish you the best of luck with everything :) and with the teenage years which will soon be there. (I know how bad we can be, don't punish him/her to much. Just remember we do it or try for the best intentions)

Ast. P.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

Unfortunatly the baby is still in the belly...... it looks he is very comfortable. Even after due date :).

I just wanted to say that i managed to keep Alamy. At the end it is not a problem. Also i kept reading your posts all the time.... so it makes me think to let Alamy oline. Somehow i can not be without..... Am i a normal person ???? :).

Mirco

ahhh missing the excitement  :D If your images are already here, it can't hurt can it.... providing it doesn't cause you any problems!

And... as Martyn says, are any of us..... and.... what is normal..... come to think of it, I don't like the sound of normal, it's sort of predictable/safe.... doesn't sound like fun to me  :lol:

Hello again,

Thanks for the replies :).

I see indeed that the Stockimo topic is becoming hot here. I am using Android.........

But anyway i prefer to go small with an mirrorless camera. I dont want to loose the photographer feeling :).

Mirco

Archived