Excessive similars!!!

Auto Studio

Hi

I am uploading 3 images for testing by QC and each time i get a Failed note for excessive similars reason!! The images aren't similar: First image for front view of the car, Second image for side view of the same car, Third image for back view of the same car. What's going on?

For instance, 3 different subjects like 1 of the car, closeup of the bark of a tree you know the name/scientific name of, and a cup of hot coffee/tea. Those are just examples. If you pay attention to focus, noise, sharpness, etc. you’ll fly through.

• Like 1

I have posted this before but it’s still good for a laugh !
Try this search term in full…

The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extent. Landscape gardening; Trees. Alloy

…use the whole string – it matches in with the caption of more than one thousand very very similar pics.

GD

3 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extent. Landscape gardening; Trees. Alloy

…use the whole string – it matches in with the caption of more than one thousand very very similar pics.

GD

Boss: "How did you get on today?"

Minion: "Great Boss!! Really good, got 1505 uploaded today!"

Boss: "Well done, keep up the good work!"

😉

GD

Random! Well, kind of good. Means Alamy probably has much less than 360 million images in reality...

23 hours ago, Auto Studio said:

Hi

I am uploading 3 images for testing by QC and each time i get a Failed note for excessive similars reason!! The images aren't similar: First image for front view of the car, Second image for side view of the same car, Third image for back view of the same car. What's going on?

If the QC inspector sees a concern then he or she then has to express that concern using a limited number of pre-defined categories. Your submission has been rejected as too many similars. This may just be a way of saying you haven't given QC enough variety to make a decision on.  Don't worry just try again. 🙂

• Like 2

GD

That's hilarious...

56 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I'm not sure what the strategy is for people posting 1500 files of the exact same thing.

Presumably it is all automated. Jeff G mentioned that some of these public domain harvesters are Alamy top earners. 

Presumably it rewards the effort put in, especially if that effort is done by AI. 

On 12/06/2023 at 16:54, Auto Studio said:

Hi

I'm surprised that you are getting failure for excessive similars if there are three different images of the same subject. Probably best to ask Alamy about this.

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

I'm surprised that you are getting failure for excessive similars of there are three different images of the same subject. Probably best to ask Alamy about this.

QC probably wants images of three different subjects for the initial test submission, which is reasonable.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Gorilla Dave said:

GD

Hi All, 

Thank you for flagging this! We're now reviewing this account and removing all similars. 

Thanks,

Louise 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Looking through that agency's images, I'm speechless. It's quite insulting to have mountains of old crepe like that- 1.3 MILLION of them- polluting the library.

The last submission's ref. starts with "R". Probably the agency still operates under different names.

Alamy, I'm available to volunteer on this as I'm good at researching and investigating...

Very good that Alamy is reviewing this account, Hopefully they will review the 'Public Domain' arena more widely. I have nothing against those who find and upload appropriate PD images - I have done a few myself - but this sort of spamming is just our of order.

There is also the issue of a ridiculous degree of duplication of the most popular PD images with no oversight at all.

47 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yikes!

Don't worry it is not your account.

Allan  (Nor mine -just to keep the record straight.)