Monthly statements

Richard Baker

Question

40 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Really? No email on the afternoon of the 1st (or nearest working day) with a link to a summary of what Alamy have paid into your account? 

This is new to me. I've been here since 2002.

No, I sometimes make a minimal amount and always get an email. The pdf doesn't show here but has the amount paid.

Hi Paulette 

We've sent you a payment for your recent Alamy sales.

The payment will be credited to your account within 9 working days. Please see the attached for more information.

Cheers
Alamy
US00086298.pdf

Edited by NYCat

8 minutes ago, NYCat said:

No, I sometimes make a minimal amount and always get an email. The pdf doesn't show here but has the amount paid.

Hi Paulette 

We've sent you a payment for your recent Alamy sales.

The payment will be credited to your account within 9 working days. Please see the attached for more information.

Cheers
Alamy
US00086298.pdf

Hhhmmm... I've never received an email either.

This has come up on the forum before and the criteria for who does and doesn't get the email seems as much of a mystery now as then. Add me to those who have never had this email and I feel a tad deprived! I did wonder if there was an opt in box somewhere but I have looked looked all around my payment details and cannot see one. There is an email preferences box and I am ticked to receive emails from Alamy. I do get other emails (e.g. about the latest POTM challenge on Twitter/Instagram or current buyer trends etc). The only way I know money is on the way is from the Account Balance page where it says Fund Transfer Initiated if I have a payment due. An email would be nice. It would be good if Alamy could respond on this here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

ACH looks like an American term, but I'm paid by bank transfer and so I assume is the OP.

Got it.  But the term is used by Alamy in my PDF statement. Maybe they write that just for the U.S. contributors who use a bank transfer.  See quote below.

”Paid by direct ACH transfer to your account details held on record in "Your Account"”

On 24/08/2022 at 07:12, Michael Ventura said:

Same, I get an email on the first working day of the month with a PDF summary of what they are paying me and that payment has been initiated.

+1,  I have always gotten these.  Just spent days looking for how to Change my bank information and finally found it.  I believe that there is a check

box for emails?  I have always gotten one when Alamy is moving money to me.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke

As the original poster, this is the typical email I receive on the first working day of the month:

"Hi Richard
Your self-billing invoice from Alamy is now ready.
We no longer email these directly as attachments. You can access your invoice by following this link: (removed hyperlink) (removed hyperlink)
If your VAT status or VAT number changes, please make sure to update this in your contributor dashboard under Payment info.
Best regards" etc.

I think it's a VAT receipt as it mentions above, so if you're not VAT-registered (obviously incl US contributors), you won't receive the email. I only need it so I can print it off as a remittance record for my annual tax accounts.

Hope that's of help in solving this mystery!

Richard.