How was your November 2021

8 hours ago, Reimar said:

So-so month with 29 sales (yeah!) and only $204 net which includes $16 for DACS TV.  I'm not even looking at gross to see how much more Alamy and others are making on my sales.

technically if you want to report Net, you will need to wait for another 2 months for all the new found affiliates charges to be processed. 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

technically if you want to report Net, you will need to wait for another 2 months for all the new found affiliates charges to be processed. 

I haven't noticed any affiliate charges yet.  Where would they turn up?

11 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

November 2021 shows me that I'll have my most sales in a year. Just one away with a month to go. But . . . fees are way down. I've had just three $$$ sales in this past year. If I were doing this principally for money, I'd have to drop in at an NHS mental health clinic. 

Better get there early. Could be a long queue. 🙃

• Love 1

Good month for me with 19 sales for $309.   

Things are looking good compared with 2020, when total sales in 12 months was 127, then my best ever year. To end november 2021 I now  have 132.   Total gross to end November 2021 is 31% higher than 2020 total.

Sometimes, things look better. . .

• Love 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Sales good, revenue not so great but better than zilch. 30 for $493 gross. Average $16. CTR .51. One v. good TV licence!

My good TV licence of $175 on 30/11/21 got refunded and resold today for $125. 🤨. I have requested an explanation.

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 3

9 sales for $70 gross so a whopping £21 in my back pocket. Inspired? No neither am I. Far from it. Sales for the last three months have remained steady but heavens above the prices are crashing through the floor. I have started taking photos again because I enjoy doing it but I wouldn't feel good about myself by adding stock images to Alamy. It looks like sharing on social media will be the winner here. 😔 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the November figures posted by my fellow-contributors I am in deep relegation trouble.

Since October, fees are at the worst single figure levels I have seen. One reasonable TV figure was all besides the tiddlers that month. Three presentations outweighed the tiddlers in November.

Given the real world in 2020 I take no great pleasure in reporting numbers up and revenue up this year – that was always going to happen but the big worry now is the RPI (rate per image) – wow how bad is it and outside of those particular “deals” agreed by Alamy and the relevant customers there appears little signs of typically Alamy sales to other markets for me.

A number of years ago now I opted out of PU, I opted out of distribution after the contract change and I'll be opting out of Novel use in April 2022.

The “What should I shoot” requests I have found a waste of time – one request had one previous picture on Alamy, I added 57 more and never had a sale.

Last year we were told that commission wouldn't be changed and here are more lines from that festive message.

I class this as an extract from the Domesday Book, Domus Alamy nunc

We operate in a complex digital space and customers now access images from many different platforms. Because of that, partnerships are becoming an increasing part of Alamy’s route to market. We’re making this change so we can continue to be able to invest in adding more partners, and in developing Alamy’s API technology, to broaden the types of partners we can work with. At the current levels of return to the business, it would not be sustainable to invest further. Changing this rate allows us to grow these channels as significant revenue sources for all of us.”

No harm, but I don't class selling low single dollar images as “significant” revenue for me (even worse when you see the net 40%).

Several thousand images for Alamy is fine but not for you or I.

• Like 2