October 2021 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

5 hours ago, cbimages said:

Who knew that Australian native cockroaches are so pretty? And as someone who loathes the cockroaches I see in my house, that is something I never thought I'd say!

probably-a-see-through-ellipsidion-cockroach-ellipsidion-sp-it-may-also-be-a-balta-sp-coffs-harbour-nsw-australia-2H39D82.jpg

balta-cockroach-or-bush-cockroach-balta-sp-adult-coffs-harbour-nsw-australia-2H39D6M.jpg

austral-ellipsidion-cockroach-or-bush-cockroach-ellipsidion-australe-adult-coffs-harbour-nsw-australia-2H39D54.jpg

Ditto. I don't like them crawling over me at night but they are photogenic. I particularly like their transparent shield over the head like in your first shot.

• Love 2

A colourful kingfisher with his catch taken from a bird hide.

kingfisher-alcedo-atthis-a-colourful-british-bird-with-a-fish-in-its-beak-uk-feeding-behaviour-2H3BJHG.jpg

Goldfinches squabbling over food.

small-group-of-goldfinches-carduelis-carduelis-at-a-ground-feeder-with-two-fighting-or-showing-aggressive-behaviour-uk-2H3BK6X.jpg

I was really pleased to spot these tiny newborn smooth snakes when I was out doing voluntary habitat management work on a heathland site. They are the rarest snake species in the UK.

neonate-baby-smooth-snakes-coronella-austriaca-a-rare-reptile-species-basking-together-in-natural-heathland-habitat-in-surrey-england-uk-2GY090A.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Both from Oxford's Amal meets Alice event. Amal is a 3.5m tall puppet who travelled through Europe to England representing a 9 year old refugee searching for her mother during the current refugee crisis.

oxford-uk-26th-october-2021-amal-a-giant-35m-tall-puppet-representing-a-syrian-9-year-old-refugee-child-met-alice-lewis-carrolls-alice-in-oxfords-botanic-garden-then-travelled-together-around-the-crowded-city-centre-city-centre-roads-were-closed-for-a-limited-time-to-allow-a-march-to-take-place-and-crowds-to-gather-amal-was-on-an-epic-journey-from-gaziantep-near-the-turkey-syrian-border-across-europe-to-england-raising-awareness-of-the-refugee-crisis-the-final-leg-of-the-8000km-journey-is-to-finish-in-manchester-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H3D5RD.jpg

oxford-uk-26th-october-2021-amal-a-giant-35m-tall-puppet-representing-a-syrian-9-year-old-refugee-child-met-alice-lewis-carrolls-alice-in-oxfords-botanic-garden-then-travelled-together-around-the-crowded-city-centre-city-centre-roads-were-closed-for-a-limited-time-to-allow-a-march-to-take-place-and-crowds-to-gather-amal-was-on-an-epic-journey-from-gaziantep-near-the-turkey-syrian-border-across-europe-to-england-raising-awareness-of-the-refugee-crisis-the-final-leg-of-the-8000km-journey-is-to-finish-in-manchester-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H3D5RN.jpg

Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange's supporter protesting in London's Piccadilly Circus.

piccadilly-circus-london-uk-23rd-october-2021-supporters-of-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-protest-at-londons-piccadilly-circus-prior-to-julian-being-brought-from-belmarsh-prison-to-appear-at-londons-high-court-at-the-royal-courts-of-justice-on-the-27th-october-2021-for-an-extradition-appeal-assange-supporter-wearing-free-assange-free-press-shirt-and-displaying-assange-final-appeal-sticker-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H39CN9.jpg

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sb photos said:

Both from Oxford's Amal meets Alice event. Amal is a 3.5m tall puppet who travelled through Europe to England representing a 9 year old refugee searching for her mother during the current refugee crisis.

oxford-uk-26th-october-2021-amal-a-giant-35m-tall-puppet-representing-a-syrian-9-year-old-refugee-child-met-alice-lewis-carrolls-alice-in-oxfords-botanic-garden-then-travelled-together-around-the-crowded-city-centre-city-centre-roads-were-closed-for-a-limited-time-to-allow-a-march-to-take-place-and-crowds-to-gather-amal-was-on-an-epic-journey-from-gaziantep-near-the-turkey-syrian-border-across-europe-to-england-raising-awareness-of-the-refugee-crisis-the-final-leg-of-the-8000km-journey-is-to-finish-in-manchester-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H3D5RD.jpg

oxford-uk-26th-october-2021-amal-a-giant-35m-tall-puppet-representing-a-syrian-9-year-old-refugee-child-met-alice-lewis-carrolls-alice-in-oxfords-botanic-garden-then-travelled-together-around-the-crowded-city-centre-city-centre-roads-were-closed-for-a-limited-time-to-allow-a-march-to-take-place-and-crowds-to-gather-amal-was-on-an-epic-journey-from-gaziantep-near-the-turkey-syrian-border-across-europe-to-england-raising-awareness-of-the-refugee-crisis-the-final-leg-of-the-8000km-journey-is-to-finish-in-manchester-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H3D5RN.jpg

Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange's supporter protesting in London's Piccadilly Circus.

piccadilly-circus-london-uk-23rd-october-2021-supporters-of-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-protest-at-londons-piccadilly-circus-prior-to-julian-being-brought-from-belmarsh-prison-to-appear-at-londons-high-court-at-the-royal-courts-of-justice-on-the-27th-october-2021-for-an-extradition-appeal-assange-supporter-wearing-free-assange-free-press-shirt-and-displaying-assange-final-appeal-sticker-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H39CN9.jpg

Too good for just a green arrow!

• Love 1

I know it is November but these images have been sat in QC the latter two weeks of October and only given a pass recently. That is why they are going in the October thread.
Because I am behind with this you will see a lot together.

The enthusiast photographer

the-enthusiast-photographer-2H13YTA.jpg

Sidecar race bikes too close for comfortSidecar race bikes too close for comfort

sidecar-race-bikes-too-close-for-comfort-2H13YY6.jpg

St Swithins church St swithins Square Lincoln

st-swithins-church-st-swithins-square-lincoln-lincolnshire-october-2021-2H13YW7.jpg

People sitting talking and watching river boat activity River Dee Chesterpeople-sitting-talking-and-watching-river-boat-activity-river-dee-chester-2021-2H2JEMF.jpg

Trip boat Mark Twain heading down river River Dee Chester

trip-boat-mark-twain-heading-down-river-river-dee-chester-2021-2H2JGGP.jpg

East face eastgate clock over city wall walkway Chester city

east-face-eastgate-clock-over-city-wall-walkway-chester-city-2021-2H2JFY4.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Very nice set, Allan. You are working hard.

Why thank you Ma'am.

Allan

Actually the gent in the top image is my next-door neighbour but one and we went to the motorbike and sidecar event together.

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Why thank you Ma'am.

Allan

Actually the gent in the top image is my next-door neighbour but one and we went to the motorbike and sidecar event together.

Allan, I can see a big uptick in the images you take, subject matter especially, from way back. I only hope to do the same. We all should strive for that.