June 2021 Challenge: Family

NYCat

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

My happy theme of Family has become rather sad lately with so many of our Alamy family planning to leave on July 24. Please continue to share your images whether you are staying or going. I am enjoying them.

Paulette

Paulette, can I take it from your post above that you are staying with PA/Alamy?     If so I may stay too if only to keep you company.

SHhhhhhh! keep it to yourself, don't tell anyone else.

Allan

Just now, NYCat said:

Yes, I am staying. Alamy has always suited me and I am hoping for the best. Please stay. 

Paulette

Aw! You have brought a tear to my eye.😭😭😭

Allan

Congratulations, Paulette! I have so many ….13 I was choosing from. Probably picked the wrong ones, as usual! 😁

mom & baby Western Lowland gorillas-zoo

mother-and-baby-western-lowland-gorilla-

Grandmother & granddaughter, my daughter & great granddaughter. 
adult-caucasian-woman-laughs-and-reaches

St. Croix, USVA

a-family-a-father-mother-daughter-son-pl

Edited by Betty LaRue

I don't have shots of anumal families so will just have to submit a few shots of my own family 🙂

Grandfather and grandson:

a-smiling-grandfather-holds-his-young-grandson-HK4R6Y.jpg

Mother and son at Christmas:son-kissing-mother-during-christmas-WHMCWM.jpg

Family waiting for a train together:

a-mother-sits-and-waits-with-her-two-young-children-for-a-train-while-on-holiday-in-spain-MBP4BG.jpg

Edited by Matt Ashmore

These family snaps lift my spirts no end. 

Understand: If you are not an Alamy contributor, you can read . . .  but you can not post comments on this forum. I'm staying. For those of you who are leaving in July, why not keep a few images here, maybe a dozen or so? That should allow you to post in the forum, I think. 

For those out in the world at large who want to sue me for some minor infraction, when I thought you might use the publicity -- I'll find you and it won't be pretty.

Edo  

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

These family snaps lift my spirts no end. 

Understand: If you are not an Alamy contributor, you can read . . .  but you can not post comments on this forum. I'm staying. For those of you who are leaving in July, why not keep a few images here, maybe a dozen or so? That should allow you to post in the forum, I think. 

For those out in the world at large who want to sue me for some minor infraction, when I thought you might use the publicity -- I'll find you and it won't be pretty.

Edo  

It is looking more and more like I will be staying Edo. Just to ANNOY you. For another year at least.

I was looking at the cost of train tickets from Lincoln to Liverpool as I thought I might come over for a day and look you up. WHAT PRICE!

Cheaper to drive over.

Allan

That would be nice, Allan. Round trip on the train to Chester cost me just 5.50. Just 45 minutes. I can get a senior bus/train pass, but the lockdown has interfered with getting it. Like a lot of things, it will happen . . . soon(ish?). 

I won't be moving to Chester, but I'll go down once in a while. If I take another trip this summer, it will be to Leeds. My friend in Tuscany wants me to visit. ??? A woman at the hotel told me when she goes to Wales they think she has a Scouse accent, and in Liverpool they think she's Welsh. 

Edo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

It is looking more and more like I will be staying Edo. Just to ANNOY you. For another year at least.

I was looking at the cost of train tickets from Lincoln to Liverpool as I thought I might come over for a day and look you up. WHAT PRICE!

Cheaper to drive over.

Allan

Senior rail card gives 30% reduction and book in advance.  With persistence you will find a bargain.  On a sunny day the rail trip over the Pennines is a joy.  In any event it's worth paying a small fortune to avoid having to drive the M62.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

For those of you who are leaving in July, why not keep a few images here, maybe a dozen or so? That should allow you to post in the forum, I think. 

Yes, one could take a dozen very generic images like of fruit or flowers, keep those and enjoy the forum. Although I think when you don’t have a dog in the hunt, the enjoyment would be different. More of being curious of what everyone is doing, rather than being a participant of the stock experience.
Even so, those people could still offer their wide experience, which is good.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yes, one could take a dozen very generic images like of fruit or flowers, keep those and enjoy the forum. Although I think when you don’t have a dog in the hunt, the enjoyment would be different. More of being curious of what everyone is doing, rather than being a participant of the stock experience.
Even so, those people could still offer their wide experience, which is good.

And/ or search out ANOther forum set up by an Alamy leaver Martin P Wilson. 

He'd welcome you there😉

Phil

On 18/06/2021 at 17:49, Ed Rooney said:

That would be nice, Allan. Round trip on the train to Chester cost me just 5.50. Just 45 minutes. I can get a senior bus/train pass, but the lockdown has interfered with getting it. Like a lot of things, it will happen . . . soon(ish?). 

I won't be moving to Chester, but I'll go down once in a while. If I take another trip this summer, it will be to Leeds. My friend in Tuscany wants me to visit. ??? A woman at the hotel told me when she goes to Wales they think she has a Scouse accent, and in Liverpool they think she's Welsh. 

Edo

I’m hoping to be over to the UK in September with my better half and would love to buy you a coffee, Edo.  Let’s make it happen. 

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Great, Andy. Let's hope the lockdown is lifted by then. 

Sent you an email Edo.

Allan

Great pics so far, mine are only of animals I'm afraid

The King And Heir....

old-male-red-deer-stagcervus-elaphus-with-antlers-sitting-next-to-a-pine-tree-in-the-sunlight-next-to-a-standing-young-deer-stag-with-antlers-new-f-2E152RK.jpg

Don't mess with the kid...  Mrs. Adder is watching.

This is sometimes where 600mm comes in handy!

adder-vipera-berus-with-its-young-coiled-up-on-a-log-uk-2B11HXY.jpg

"Ssssshhhhh....I think I can hear her!"

Two cygnets waiting for baby sister to arrive.

mute-swan-cygnets-watching-an-egg-waiting-for-it-to-hatch-on-a-nest-of-reeds-taken-at-stanpit-marsh-uk-showing-sweet-love-waiting-2B20X3R.jpg

Edited by Martin L
grammar